Mono/poly filter "glitching"

  • suicidesushi82
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2011
      Hello.
      I have been using my Mono/Poly a lot these last three months, and a couple of days ago it started to act up. When I haven't played it in a while (hours) the Low Pass Filter sounds a bit "overdrived" and the sound isn't consistent (shifting like the OSC's can't "push through"). After playing some notes and turning the cutoff and resonance pots, it finally settles and the problem is gone. As a reflex I bought a SSM2044 LPF IC in case anything was wrong with my filter.

      Should I be worried? What could be wrong? Should I get it cleaned up?

      Me and my band is VERY dependent on the mono/poly and a meltdown would be devastating.

      Check out my music btw. It's all mono/poly :)

      http://soundcloud.com/battlekat-music/the-pain

      Thank's
      Jeppe / Copenhagen
    • thorbjørn nyander poulsen

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 26, 2011
          Hi Jeppe

          Did you veryfy that it is NOT the output volume potentiometer?

          it might(!) be caused by a oxidized cutoff potentiometer. If the
          potentiometer has an oxyd layer and no voltage comes through It would
          cut down the VCOs completely - new signal would "break its way" through
          the oxyd layer. The same is valid for the output potentiometer.

          Also the output of the VCO mixerstage might be corrupted. Try to
          exchange IC18 (a 4558) and C8 (10uF,16V) on the VCO board.

          You also may try to unsolder the 2044, insert an socket and try the
          other 2044.

          Florian