Re: [korg_mono-poly] keyboard tracking when using external cv input

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 19, 2010
      Hi Paul

      phono1337 schrieb:
      > I know its not possible but has anyone made a mod for this? I did try to search the list but didn't hit anything
      Have a look at
      http://fa.utfs.org/diy/korg_monopoly/mp_09_klm-356_uP_ArpIn_schemo.gif

      On top right side there is IC6 which is a 4051. to its left you will
      find the jack with CV-Out and the connector to KBD-Track. Both are
      connected. Break up this connection, insert a toggle switch which
      connects the KBD-Track either to its original connection, or to the
      point where D1 and R13 are conected together (both are direct above the
      the CV-Out jack in the schematic).

      The original position is for the usage with internal CV, the other
      position is for the usage with an external CV.

      The KBD-Track split must be done at connector CN20 (top left of the
      KLM356); D1/R13 are located at the top right of the pcb.

      No warranty - I did not test this.

      Florian
    • chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 19, 2010
        Hi Florian,

        I noticed on your website that you are working on a new VCA and VCF board that
        would make the Mono/Poly a real polyphonic synth. Have you made any progress with
        this modification, or is it currently on hold?

        Regards,

        Chris
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 19, 2010
          Hi Chris

          > I noticed on your website that you are working on a new VCA and VCF board that
          > would make the Mono/Poly a real polyphonic synth. Have you made any progress with
          > this modification, or is it currently on hold?
          Yep. It is on hold. And I am not sure, whether I will continue.

          I stopped it in November 2009, as I got a broken Polysix, which I tried
          to resurrect. I wanted to add individual switches for the VCO to the
          Polysix like in the MonoPoly. This way I would have had the same
          arpeggiator tricks with different VCO settings as with the MonoPoly. But
          then again, I had to sell the Polysix again, because I definitely ran
          out of "storage credit" by my girlfriend ;-) (I bought some other gear
          too the last years...).

          Now the MonoPoly project has returned to my attention again, but I have
          only a little time for it. I have redesigned the pcbs for the quad
          envelopes (based on SSM2051's from a broken Poly61) in July, but no
          other progress happened since then until now (October).

          As said I am not sure, whether I will finish this project, as planned.
          Maybe I will change the quad Envelope to a 3HE compatibel module. I
          bought also a prototype of the Doepfer Quad FilterVcaPanner
          http://www.doepfer.de/a1352.htm / http://www.doepfer.de/A1352.gif. So
          these two might be a good extension for the monopoly too.

          Florain
        • phono 1337
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 19, 2010
            thanks Florian, i'll investigate and post back the results

            Paul

            On 19 October 2010 09:31, Florian Anwander <fanwander@...> wrote:

            Hi Paul