keyboard tracking when using external cv input

  • phono1337
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 19, 2010
      I know its not possible but has anyone made a mod for this? I did try to search the list but didn't hit anything

      Paul
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 19, 2010
        Hi Paul

        phono1337 schrieb:
        > I know its not possible but has anyone made a mod for this? I did try to search the list but didn't hit anything
        Have a look at
        http://fa.utfs.org/diy/korg_monopoly/mp_09_klm-356_uP_ArpIn_schemo.gif

        On top right side there is IC6 which is a 4051. to its left you will
        find the jack with CV-Out and the connector to KBD-Track. Both are
        connected. Break up this connection, insert a toggle switch which
        connects the KBD-Track either to its original connection, or to the
        point where D1 and R13 are conected together (both are direct above the
        the CV-Out jack in the schematic).

        The original position is for the usage with internal CV, the other
        position is for the usage with an external CV.

        The KBD-Track split must be done at connector CN20 (top left of the
        KLM356); D1/R13 are located at the top right of the pcb.

        No warranty - I did not test this.

        Florian
      • chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 19, 2010
          Hi Florian,

          I noticed on your website that you are working on a new VCA and VCF board that
          would make the Mono/Poly a real polyphonic synth. Have you made any progress with
          this modification, or is it currently on hold?

          Regards,

          Chris
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 19, 2010
            Hi Chris

            > I noticed on your website that you are working on a new VCA and VCF board that
            > would make the Mono/Poly a real polyphonic synth. Have you made any progress with
            > this modification, or is it currently on hold?
            Yep. It is on hold. And I am not sure, whether I will continue.

            I stopped it in November 2009, as I got a broken Polysix, which I tried
            to resurrect. I wanted to add individual switches for the VCO to the
            Polysix like in the MonoPoly. This way I would have had the same
            arpeggiator tricks with different VCO settings as with the MonoPoly. But
            then again, I had to sell the Polysix again, because I definitely ran
            out of "storage credit" by my girlfriend ;-) (I bought some other gear
            too the last years...).

            Now the MonoPoly project has returned to my attention again, but I have
            only a little time for it. I have redesigned the pcbs for the quad
            envelopes (based on SSM2051's from a broken Poly61) in July, but no
            other progress happened since then until now (October).

            As said I am not sure, whether I will finish this project, as planned.
            Maybe I will change the quad Envelope to a 3HE compatibel module. I
            bought also a prototype of the Doepfer Quad FilterVcaPanner
            http://www.doepfer.de/a1352.htm / http://www.doepfer.de/A1352.gif. So
            these two might be a good extension for the monopoly too.

            Florain
          • phono 1337
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 19, 2010
              thanks Florian, i'll investigate and post back the results

              Paul

              On 19 October 2010 09:31, Florian Anwander <fanwander@...> wrote:

              Hi Paul