Just a thank you...

  • Alain
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2010
      Hi all.

      Just a quick word to say thank you to Florian Anwander for his much simpler and quicker tuning procedure listed on his Web site under Korg Mono/Poly.

      I had tuned my MP4 when I got it about a year ago, trying to follow the service manual complicated and misleading procedure. I had done my best then, but not really perfect. And over time, my MP4 got a little more out of tune each month (due to aging components and very sensitive trimpots).

      Until today, when I decided it was time to re-calibrate those VCOs again. But I followed Florian's clear steps, and it took me only about 20 minutes! And the result is almost perfect this time. The only thing I could not adjust precisely is VCO 4 high frequency range (VR404) because it's already at minimum and cannot go lower. So the high frequency end of VCO 4 is a little too high (by about +3 cent for the very last 5 notes or so, not too bad).

      All the other VCOs are much more in tune across more than 6 octaves now!

      Alain.