VCO 2 trouble

  • suicidesushi82
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2010
      Hello everyone.

      So, I bought my MP almost a year ago, which resulted in me selling all the other synths I had laying around - they all faded in comparison. It sounds so fraking good!

      One problem though. My VCO 2 wont stop "portamentoing" before the MP has been turned on for more then an hour. This means I often have to play it with VCO 2 turned alle the way down. And in Poly mode it's quite annoying (even thoughs it is a cool effect with one oscillator sliding after the other in a sloppy fashion when doing chords).

      When i turn the portamento button all the way down VCO 2 acts like portamento is turned all the way up. When i turn the portamento button up a notch VCO 2 acts like the other VCO's.

      Do you have any experience with this problem?

      Oh, and is it possible to repair the microcontroller buttons on the MP? My "hold" buttons is very bad at senseing when i press it.

      Thanks a lot.
      Jeppe
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 15, 2010
        Hi Jeppe

        I am not sure, whether I answered you personally or not. So once again
        to the list: This should be a faulty IC7 on the VCO board. Originally a
        HD14066BP, but you can take a CD4066B (or even a CD4016B which is pin
        compatible) without any problem.
        If you replace this chip, it might(!) be possible that you have to
        readjust the V/Octave setting

        Florian

        > Hello everyone.
        >
        > So, I bought my MP almost a year ago, which resulted in me selling all the other synths I had laying around - they all faded in comparison. It sounds so fraking good!
        >
        > One problem though. My VCO 2 wont stop "portamentoing" before the MP has been turned on for more then an hour. This means I often have to play it with VCO 2 turned alle the way down. And in Poly mode it's quite annoying (even thoughs it is a cool effect with one oscillator sliding after the other in a sloppy fashion when doing chords).
        >
        > When i turn the portamento button all the way down VCO 2 acts like portamento is turned all the way up. When i turn the portamento button up a notch VCO 2 acts like the other VCO's.
        >
        > Do you have any experience with this problem?
        >
        > Oh, and is it possible to repair the microcontroller buttons on the MP? My "hold" buttons is very bad at senseing when i press it.
        >
        > Thanks a lot.
        > Jeppe

      • Jeppe
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 16, 2010
          Hey Florian. Thanks for the info.
          Jeppe

          > Hi Jeppe
          >

          > I am not sure, whether I answered you personally or not. So once again
          > to the list: This should be a faulty IC7 on the VCO board. Originally a
          > HD14066BP, but you can take a CD4066B (or even a CD4016B which is pin
          > compatible) without any problem.
          > If you replace this chip, it might(!) be possible that you have to
          > readjust the V/Octave setting
          >
          > Florian
          >

          >> Hello everyone.
          >>
          >> So, I bought my MP almost a year ago, which resulted in me selling all
          >> the other synths I had laying around - they all faded in comparison. It
          >> sounds so fraking good!
          >>
          >> One problem though. My VCO 2 wont stop "portamentoing" before the MP has
          >> been turned on for more then an hour. This means I often have to play it
          >> with VCO 2 turned alle the way down. And in Poly mode it's quite
          >> annoying (even thoughs it is a cool effect with one oscillator sliding
          >> after the other in a sloppy fashion when doing chords).
          >>
          >> When i turn the portamento button all the way down VCO 2 acts like
          >> portamento is turned all the way up. When i turn the portamento button
          >> up a notch VCO 2 acts like the other VCO's.
          >>
          >> Do you have any experience with this problem?
          >>
          >> Oh, and is it possible to repair the microcontroller buttons on the MP?
          >> My "hold" buttons is very bad at senseing when i press it.
          >>
          >> Thanks a lot.
          >> Jeppe

          Jeppe Madsen
          Tlf. 22395163
          Dalgas Boulevard 137 4. TV.
          2000 Frederiksberg
          Jeppe@...
        • dir_marillion
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 22, 2012
            HI Jeppe,
            Have you find a solution to this issue ?

            Thank you

            --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "Jeppe" <jeppe@...> wrote:

            > Hey Florian. Thanks for the info.
            > Jeppe
            >
            > > Hi Jeppe
            > >

            > > I am not sure, whether I answered you personally or not. So once again
            > > to the list: This should be a faulty IC7 on the VCO board. Originally a
            > > HD14066BP, but you can take a CD4066B (or even a CD4016B which is pin
            > > compatible) without any problem.
            > > If you replace this chip, it might(!) be possible that you have to
            > > readjust the V/Octave setting
            > >
            > > Florian
            > >

            > >> Hello everyone.
            > >>
            > >> So, I bought my MP almost a year ago, which resulted in me selling all
            > >> the other synths I had laying around - they all faded in comparison. It
            > >> sounds so fraking good!
            > >>
            > >> One problem though. My VCO 2 wont stop "portamentoing" before the MP has
            > >> been turned on for more then an hour. This means I often have to play it
            > >> with VCO 2 turned alle the way down. And in Poly mode it's quite
            > >> annoying (even thoughs it is a cool effect with one oscillator sliding
            > >> after the other in a sloppy fashion when doing chords).
            > >>
            > >> When i turn the portamento button all the way down VCO 2 acts like
            > >> portamento is turned all the way up. When i turn the portamento button
            > >> up a notch VCO 2 acts like the other VCO's.
            > >>
            > >> Do you have any experience with this problem?
            > >>
            > >> Oh, and is it possible to repair the microcontroller buttons on the MP?
            > >> My "hold" buttons is very bad at senseing when i press it.
            > >>
            > >> Thanks a lot.
            > >> Jeppe

            > --
            > Jeppe Madsen
            > Tlf. 22395163
            > Dalgas Boulevard 137 4. TV.
            > 2000 Frederiksberg
            > Jeppe@...

          • Jeppe
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 22, 2012
              Hmmm sorry not yet. Mmm. Ill get to it one day. Right now ill just play around with it for a fem minutters and then it will play fine.

              Venlig Hilsen / Regards
              Jeppe