New Member sonictransmissions2002

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2010
      Hello Rick,

      > Email address: sonictransmissions2002 <rick@....>
      > Comment from user:
      > I love the korg MP!

      Welcome to this group. Don't hesitate to introduce yourself to the people!

      All the best, Florian
    • RIchard Taylor
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2010
        Thanks for the warm welcome!

        Actually Florian, it was you who pointed me to this group, you answered my question regarding MP modifications on the Analog Heaven list.

        I only acquired my mono/poly in the last two months, but it's was love at first sight. I've bought and sold a few different synths over the years, but nothing has been as instantly inspiring as the Mono/Poly. Music is pretty much just a hobby these days, but I take it very seriously. I also have a compulsive need to sample every instrument that I get my hands on. I have posted two sets of Mono/Poly banks for EXS24 and Kontakt:

        The nice thing about the samples, is that you get the mono, but with full poly, if that makes any sense.

        Cheers

        Rick

        On 2 Jun 2010, at 12:52, Florian Anwander wrote:

        Hello Rick,

        Email address: sonictransmissions2002 <rick@....>
        Comment from user:
        I love the korg MP!

        Welcome to this group. Don't hesitate to introduce yourself to the people!

        All the best, Florian

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           korg_mono-poly-digest@yahoogroups.com
           korg_mono-poly-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2010
          Sampling is a wicked art form to get to grips with.  If I'm making a bass line I'll sample the MP over using it straight for consistency or if your using a sampler where you can manipulate the loop length of the duty cycle of your sampled material theres a whole new world of audio to play with.  Although what I have done after modding external audio to filter is to play samples through the monopoly and have the filter of the monopoly work on the audio as most samplers filters leave a lot to be desired.  mostly the native instrument filter are really rather dire and any vst filter that try to emulate self oscillation falls victim to aliasing very easily.
          anyway geek out aside welcome to the group.  ;o)

          Alan

             http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/korg_ mono-poly/ join