Re: New Members

  • Alain
    Message 1 of 4 , May 10, 2010
      Hello David! Welcome to the group! You can say a big thank you to your friend for giving you this. And this is your first synth ? You have made a great choice, both for the sounds and the versatility of the MP4.

      I wouldn't worry too much about the hold button, the electrical contact is probably just dirty inside the button. It will probably work more and more each time you use it, as pressing the button will clean the contacts.

      --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "David" <davidageitosfuentes@...> wrote:

      > Hi there!
      >
      > i´m from Spain.
      > A friend of mine give me a Mono/Poly in pristine condition.
      > The only problem is in the "HOLD" key. It don´t woks ´till half an hour.... but i´m not a "hurry up" man...
      > I had been playing with it last 2-3 weeks, and conected to my Gibson GA19RVT tube amp, sounds real sweet and agresive at same time.
      >
      > I´m still have a lot to learn... is my first Syntetizer..
      >
      > bye!

    • Daren Myers
      Message 2 of 4 , May 10, 2010
        That is one truth about the older synthesizers, they do need to be used on a regular basis otherwise they get "touchy".  It is always possible to open it up, take out that particular switch, and give it a good cleaning with contact cleaner.

        Daren