Intro & hello

  • seqbill
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2009
      Hello everyone -

      Joined the group after I acquired a M/P w/SynJack MIDI about 3 years ago and figured it is probably time to say hello -- so hello to everyone -- and ask for advice on a mod I am about to make.

      As my first step I contemplated chopping off its keyboard as I really liked the look of some M/Ps out there that were turned into modules - but soon realized there is an important synergy between its keyboard & its front panel functions that would reduce its capabilities w/o its local keyboard - so chose to leave it as is.

      So instead I replaced its aging (and crumbling) cabinet with a synthwood.com blonde curly maple cabinet. The synth looks really good with the new cabinet.

      My next step is to install a Polysix chorus/efx board I rescued from an old/semi-dead Polysix I found. Has anyone attempted to make such a mod? Figured I would insert the efx board in the last stage of the signal output path - seems that part is straightforward - but concerned about the power requirements for the efx board and the M/P in general.

      Any advice? Can anyone share their experience in modifying/labeling the front panel? I manage to keep a bunch of original knobs from the dead P6, wanting to preserve a consistent look, and identified empty space along the upper left quadrant of the front panel as ideal for installing the 2 pots/knobs and switch to control the efx board.

      Thanks!

      Cheers -- Bill