Replacement Fuse

  • a.clunk
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
      Have just switched everything on for a rainy afternoons knob twiddling to find mono-poly is dead.
      I suspect/hope fault is an internal fuse (in power supply?-UK version)
      How do i access this easily to replace.
      Many thanks
      MrClunk
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
        Hello

        a.clunk wrote:

        > Have just switched everything on for a rainy afternoons knob twiddling to find mono-poly is dead.
        > I suspect/hope fault is an internal fuse (in power supply?-UK version)
        > How do i access this easily to replace.
        There are two fuses with 1.6 Ampere slow blow each on the low voltage
        side of the transformer. They are located at the power supply pcb, which
        is located at the rear bottom of the synth.

        You have to unscrew the four srews at the boarders of the frontpanel and
        open up the frontpanel.

        Florian
      • Clark Anthony
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
          Many  thanks for the fast reply! -i shall follow your instructions now........
          MrClunk

          De : Florian Anwander <fanwander@...>
          À : korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
          Envoyé le : Mar 3 Novembre 2009, 15 h 12 min 39 s
          Objet : Re: [korg_mono-poly] Replacement Fuse

          Hello

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
            Removed the four screws on front panel..but panel is loose but still fixed at rear when i try levering it upwards?
            Are there any other fixings on rear of panel or underneath?
            I'm being over cautious as i dont want to do damage.
            Thanks
            MrClunk

            De : Florian Anwander <fanwander@...>
            À : korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
            Envoyé le : Mar 3 Novembre 2009, 15 h 12 min 39 s

            Recent Activity
              Visit Your Group
              Yahoo! News

              Fashion News

              What's the word on

              fashion and style?

              Search Ads

              Get new customers.

              List your web site

              in Yahoo! Search.

              Sell Online

              Start selling with

              our award-winning

              e-commerce tools.

              .

              Message 5 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
                yes there are three screws along the rear underside.  once inside you will see fuses on a board fixed to the bottom of the case and then another set of fuses on the rear panel.  Don't forget to unplug the synth before opening up for safety.

                De : Florian Anwander <fanwander@mnet- online.de>
                À : korg_mono-poly@ yahoogroups. com
                Envoyé le : Mar 3 Novembre 2009, 15 h 12 min 39 s

                Recent Activity
                  Visit Your Group
                  Yahoo! News

                  Fashion News

                  What's the word on

                  fashion and style?

                  Search Ads

                  Get new customers.

                  List your web site

                  in Yahoo! Search.

                  Sell Online

                  Start selling with

                  our award-winning

                  e-commerce tools.

                  .

                • Clark Anthony
                  Message 6 of 6 , Nov 10, 2009
                    Many thanks to Florian and Alan -Mono-poly is working again.
                    I just replaced the two 1A fuses (they were not rated 1.6A as Florian mentioned
                    -so maybe this i why they blew?)
                    Good to know you're all  out their.
                    Mr.Clunk

                    De : Alan Dicker <alanmdicker@...>
                    À : korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
                    Envoyé le : Mar 3 Novembre 2009, 16 h 19 min 22 s
                    Objet : Re: Re : [korg_mono-poly] Replacement Fuse

                    De : Florian Anwander <fanwander@mnet- online.de>
                    À : korg_mono-poly@ yahoogroups. com
                    Envoyé le : Mar 3 Novembre 2009, 15 h 12 min 39 s

                    Recent Activity
                      Visit Your Group
                      Yahoo! News

                      Fashion News