Re: [korg_mono-poly] MG1 knob

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6 12:58 AM
      Hello Sophie

      > I need to replace the MG1 knob, do you know which potentiometer I should get?
      > Also, is there something I should be extra careful about when replacing it (I am a beginner at opening synths)?
      Do you need to replace the knob (the plastic thing, which sticks on the
      the potentiometer) or the potentiometer itself? If it is the
      potentiometer then: what is the failure with it? Usually cleaning the
      potentiometer solves the most problems.

      If you really have to replace the potentiometer: it is a 10kOhm
      logarithmic potentiometer. Basically it is a potentiometer from the
      company ALPS, which is still available, but unfortunately you won't get
      the exact model with the mounting stands. You may try to find a similar
      potentiometer without the stands, and then put the inards of the new
      potentiometer into the housing of the old one.

      Kind regards, Florian
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6 1:57 AM
        Alternatively you could try the seller "Organ parts" http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/organparts&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERIDon ebay he often has the correct original pots.  You shouldn't need to replace the plastic cap but its always good to have a spare or two in reserve.

        > I need to replace the MG1 knob, do you know which potentiometer I should get?
        > Also, is there something I should be extra careful about when replacing it (I am a beginner at opening synths)?
        Do you need to replace the knob (the plastic thing, which sticks on the
        the potentiometer) or the potentiometer itself? If it is the
        potentiometer then: what is the failure with it? Usually cleaning the
        potentiometer solves the most problems.

        If you really have to replace the potentiometer: it is a 10kOhm
        logarithmic potentiometer. Basically it is a potentiometer from the
        company ALPS, which is still available, but unfortunately you won't get
        the exact model with the mounting stands. You may try to find a similar
        potentiometer without the stands, and then put the inards of the new
        potentiometer into the housing of the old one.

        Kind regards, Florian

      • lakaband_in_uk
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 13 2:40 AM
          Thank you very much for your help, Florian and Alan, I found the potentiometer on ebay, it is a used one.

          best,
          Sophie

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 13 11:24 AM
            Great news Sophie.  Heres to many more years of happy mono/poly modulation.