hello everyone new korg monopoly owner

  • Dorus Manassis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8 6:12 AM
      Hello everyone.
      i just got hold myself of a korg monopoly and im quite happy with the purchase.i see it as a mad scientist monosynth....

      i quite like the breadth of sounds and tricks being availiable.

      im not terribly impressed by the poly mode....
      however i WAS impressed with the chord mode and chord appregiation..... not to mention the modulation effects....
      and filter

      anyway count another happy owner. :)
    • Daren
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8 8:43 AM
        Nice to meet you Dorus, I'm Daren, I have a studio in Pleasanton CA, and I got a Mono/Poly about a month ago. I don't know if you watched the youtube videos out there yet, but a good tip I saw was to use the chord mode, press the 3rd first, and use the pitch shift set to VCO1 to go from minor to major to 4th, or start with the 5th to go from sus4 to 6th. I guess you could also use it on the root for sus2 or 7th. Anyways, I saw that in a youtube video and it was a good tip so I thought i would post it.

        I also have a question for the whole group. I'm thinking about patching the output of the MG1 LED to the arp trig MG2 external input to synch the arp to the MG1 tempo, then I only have to play with one knob and stay in synch. Has anyone else tried this or do you have a better mod in mind?

        Take care,
        Daren