Re: Oscillators 2 and 4 will not stay in tune!

  • joe-joe
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 18, 2009
      wow Florian im impressed! show off ;) seriously that picture is all he
      needs. if im not mistaken it looks like he should mess with the scale
      for the oscilators that are out tune?

      --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, Florian Anwander

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 19, 2009
        Hi joe-joe

        > needs. if im not mistaken it looks like he should mess with the scale
        > for the oscilators that are out tune?
        As far as I understood him right, the problems are only the octave switches.

        He should do the following:
        * Set all four octave switches to 8'
        * Switch to unisono mode
        * Play the lowest F
        * Tune all VCOs with the knobs on the frontpanel to the lowest possible
        beating.
        * Then play the highest F

        If now the beating gets much worse at the highest F, then it is time for
        the full tuning procedure.

        If the beating does not change very much, then
        * playe again the lowest F
        * now switch all four octave switches to 2'
        Again check the beating. If it now got much worse then adjuct VR201 and
        VR401.

        If the full procedure is required, he should think whether he is able to
        do it. We have a german byword "you can get in devils kitchen" if you
        start doing this. Setting the octave scaling of a VCO can be very
        confusing. It affects all the absolute tuning and it is really necessary
        that you care a shit for the absolute tuning until the last step of the
        procedure.

        Florian