Re: [korg_mono-poly] Re: Oscillators 2 and 4 will not stay in tune!

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 18, 2009
      Hello

      joe-joe schrieb:
      > ok is the tuning actually drifting. different everytime. or is the
      > scale off? say middle c is always tuned and the lower c out of tune.
      >
      > read this

      This description is very imprecise. I don't want to boast, but I really
      recommend the detailed description I wrote recently over this old thread:
      http://fa.utfs.org/diy/korg_monopoly/vco_adjustment.html
      Location of the trimmers is described detailed in this file:
      http://fa.utfs.org/diy/korg_monopoly/mp_16_klm_354_layout_TRIMMERS.jpg

      Florian
    • joe-joe
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 18, 2009
        wow Florian im impressed! show off ;) seriously that picture is all he
        needs. if im not mistaken it looks like he should mess with the scale
        for the oscilators that are out tune?

        --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, Florian Anwander

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 19, 2009
          Hi joe-joe

          > needs. if im not mistaken it looks like he should mess with the scale
          > for the oscilators that are out tune?
          As far as I understood him right, the problems are only the octave switches.

          He should do the following:
          * Set all four octave switches to 8'
          * Switch to unisono mode
          * Play the lowest F
          * Tune all VCOs with the knobs on the frontpanel to the lowest possible
          beating.
          * Then play the highest F

          If now the beating gets much worse at the highest F, then it is time for
          the full tuning procedure.

          If the beating does not change very much, then
          * playe again the lowest F
          * now switch all four octave switches to 2'
          Again check the beating. If it now got much worse then adjuct VR201 and
          VR401.

          If the full procedure is required, he should think whether he is able to
          do it. We have a german byword "you can get in devils kitchen" if you
          start doing this. Setting the octave scaling of a VCO can be very
          confusing. It affects all the absolute tuning and it is really necessary
          that you care a shit for the absolute tuning until the last step of the
          procedure.

          Florian