Re: No sound output from main out or from headphone out

  • hoggybogger
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 11, 2009
      Yes, there was only one wire that was suspect, and I just double
      checked the wiring via the midijack installation page.

      The only other things I had done, were reseat the connectors on the
      board with the VCA and VCF on it, and the connectors on the board
      with the volume pot. I just checked them again, everything is seated
      fine.

      It is only making sound on the release of the key, not the initial
      press. And the VCA controls seem wrong, they're working but in a
      strange way it seems. I'm very confused by this.

      --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, Alan Dicker <alanmdicker@...>
      wrote:

      > Did you re-wire the midi jack correctly?  have you the original
      > installation instructions to hand?

      troubleshooting.

      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 11, 2009

        I assume your MIDI-Extension is a MIDI to CV/Gate Interface.
        What voltage does a voltmeter read at the gate-output of this interface?
        If this voltage behaves also inverted, then it is perhaps an failure or
        misconfiguration of this interface.

        Florian

      • hoggybogger
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 11, 2009
          I'm pretty embarassed right now, I just figured out why this was
          happening, and it's solved. After reading through the midijack manual
          I came across a note that read "Since you are using the V-trigger
          output from the MIDIJACK, set the TRIG POLARITY slide switch to
          +15V" --- and sure enough, this must have happened between the time I
          took this apart and resoldered that wire and put it back together,
          the switch had been knocked to GND. It HAD been set correctly, and it
          didn't occcur to me at all that it could have been moved.

          I'm really happy now, yet still embarassed about missing that, just
          moving one switch. Well, granted, it was another thing too with the
          wire, but this latter error was all due my blindness. Fixed in time
          for tonight's show.

          Thanks again Florian and Alan for your input. If you hadn't have
          mentioned the gate voltage, I wouldn't have investigated further and
          come across the switch in the first place!

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 11, 2009
            Those type of things catch out everyone at some time or another. Nothing to be embarrassed about its only human.  I hope you have a wicked show tonight. ;o)

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 12, 2009
              Hi Alan

              > Nothing to be embarrassed about its only human.
              I should order a T-shirt with these words ;-)

              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 12, 2009
                He he yes, or a bummper sticker.