Re: WTB: Korg Mono/Poly

  • joe-joe
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8, 2009
      its price and demand. that is true with anything. i agree some are
      over priced but for the most part all is fair. save your cash and hope
      for the best. the synth is well worth it.

      --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "underpressure116"
      <underpressure116@...> wrote:

      > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, Florian Anwander
      > <fanwander@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello Mike
      > >
      > > it really sounds like you are under pressure.
      > > I cannot confirm that the price of the MonoPoly inflated very much
      the
      > > last ten years. I started looking for one in 1998, and back then they
      > > costed here in Germany around 1000 to 1100 DeutschMarks (450-500
      > Euros).
      > > Today you will get a good Monopoly for 600 Euros. I think this is not
      > > too bad. And a MP is really worth that money. It is well built, I
      > has no
      > > known problems like the Polysix with its battery, or the ProOne
      with
      > > its keyboard. I am taking the MP since ten years on stage and it
      never
      > > showed a single failure.
      > >
      > > I can definitely recommend it and I can tell you it is worth saving
      > your
      > > money.
      > >

      > > Florian
      >

      > I absolutely agree, but I can't FIND a decent priced one anywhere.
      > Also, I am in the US, so 600 Euro is pretty ridiculous for me. the
      > Mono/Poly cost about $400-500 USD in 1998 (about $250 in 1993!).
      >
      > It's not that I don't want to pay or anything like that, it's just
      > that I cannot pay such a large amount at once. It's simply not in the
      > cards right now. And I have no credit, so I can't get any kind of a
      loan.

      > I'm definitely going to get one, it's just a matter of procuring it.
      > I was thinking about the Polysix, but I decided I really didn't want
      > to have to settle. Especially when it's concerning such a large chunk
      > of change.
      >
      > I'm hoping someone has one who is willing to let it go for a
      > reasonable price and is willing to work out some way of paying for it.
      > Like I said, I can make payments monthly or something along those
      > lines, I just can't drop $800+ at one time while paying for school and
      > such.
      >

      > PS: My screenname is named after the Queen song. ;-)

    • David Kyle
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2009
        hey!
        gotta go old school on this......
        I know this sounds bad,but if you love it soo much, consider it as a potential wife-----
         how many weeks pay is customary for the price of a diamond engagement ring????
        so-save nickles and dimes, whatever ya gotta do-eat pasta 7 nights instead of 6-
         If you are as in love with MP next year at this time, you may have enough money by then....
        thats what i did- you wont regret it!

        --
        eat and sleep....TODAY!!!!
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 9, 2009
          Hello Mike

          > I absolutely agree, but I can't FIND a decent priced one anywhere.
          > Also, I am in the US, so 600 Euro is pretty ridiculous for me. the
          > Mono/Poly cost about $400-500 USD in 1998 (about $250 in 1993!).
          That never happened here in Germany. The MonoPoly never went down that much.

          > It's not that I don't want to pay or anything like that, it's just
          > that I cannot pay such a large amount at once. It's simply not in the
          > cards right now. And I have no credit, so I can't get any kind of a loan.
          An honest business never should think about credit. Buy what you can
          afford. If you can't afford, then wait until your savings got that far.
          (our world economy crisis is based on the fact, that so called
          businessmen, think that credit is base for business. It is not.)

          > PS: My screenname is named after the Queen song. ;-)
          Ok, next investment will be a Roland Jupiter 8, which was used for that
          recording ;-) (In the Musicland Studios I played once the one they used).

          Florian
        • Bill Sequeira
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 11, 2009
            There is a MP in good shape currently for $500 on ebay - just in case
            you are interested.

            http://cgi.ebay.com/KORG-MONO-POLY-MP-4-ANOLOG-SYNTH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a4Q7c65Q3a10Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem160315463173QQitemZ160315463173QQptZKeyboardsQ5fMIDIQQsalenotsupported

            Cheers -- Bill
            Bill Sequeira, PHD