WTB: Korg Mono/Poly

  • underpressure116
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 7, 2009
      I am absolutely in LOVE with the Korg Mono/Poly. I've been looking
      for one for about a year now. The big issue is that the price has
      become so inflated due to the Korg Legacy Collection and all these
      collectors who sit on top of treasure troves of synths that just
      collect dust while people who truly love them and would use them, like
      myself, get left out in the dust.

      So I am looking for a decent condition Mono/Poly. I don't care if the
      wood is messed up, or if the knobs are original, I just want one that
      works.

      I'm really excited that I found this place because you all know what
      it's like and truly love this beast. Also, you are all "real people,"
      as it were. We can hopefully work something out if you have one.

      I can pay about $300-$400 up front and then we can work out a monthly
      payment plan or something like that if that suits you. I'm just
      really ga-ga for this synth and I'm just so irritated by the inflated
      prices and these hoarders.

      Please email me at underpressure116 AT gmail DOT com

      I don't check my yahoo email very often.

      Thank you!

      Mike Lucas
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2009
        Hello Mike

        it really sounds like you are under pressure.
        I cannot confirm that the price of the MonoPoly inflated very much the
        last ten years. I started looking for one in 1998, and back then they
        costed here in Germany around 1000 to 1100 DeutschMarks (450-500 Euros).
        Today you will get a good Monopoly for 600 Euros. I think this is not
        too bad. And a MP is really worth that money. It is well built, I has no
        known problems like the Polysix with its battery, or the ProOne with
        its keyboard. I am taking the MP since ten years on stage and it never
        showed a single failure.

        I can definitely recommend it and I can tell you it is worth saving your
        money.

        Florian

        underpressure116 wrote:

        > I am absolutely in LOVE with the Korg Mono/Poly. I've been looking
        > for one for about a year now. The big issue is that the price has
        > become so inflated due to the Korg Legacy Collection and all these
        > collectors who sit on top of treasure troves of synths that just
        > collect dust while people who truly love them and would use them, like
        > myself, get left out in the dust.
        >
        > So I am looking for a decent condition Mono/Poly. I don't care if the
        > wood is messed up, or if the knobs are original, I just want one that
        > works.
        >
        > I'm really excited that I found this place because you all know what
        > it's like and truly love this beast. Also, you are all "real people,"
        > as it were. We can hopefully work something out if you have one.
        >
        > I can pay about $300-$400 up front and then we can work out a monthly
        > payment plan or something like that if that suits you. I'm just
        > really ga-ga for this synth and I'm just so irritated by the inflated
        > prices and these hoarders.
        >
        > Please email me at underpressure116 AT gmail DOT com
        >
        > I don't check my yahoo email very often.
        >
        > Thank you!
        >
        > Mike Lucas

      • underpressure116
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8, 2009
          --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, Florian Anwander
          <fanwander@...> wrote:

          > Hello Mike
          >
          > it really sounds like you are under pressure.
          > I cannot confirm that the price of the MonoPoly inflated very much the
          > last ten years. I started looking for one in 1998, and back then they
          > costed here in Germany around 1000 to 1100 DeutschMarks (450-500
          Euros).
          > Today you will get a good Monopoly for 600 Euros. I think this is not
          > too bad. And a MP is really worth that money. It is well built, I
          has no
          > known problems like the Polysix with its battery, or the ProOne with
          > its keyboard. I am taking the MP since ten years on stage and it never
          > showed a single failure.
          >
          > I can definitely recommend it and I can tell you it is worth saving
          your
          > money.
          >

          > Florian

          I absolutely agree, but I can't FIND a decent priced one anywhere.
          Also, I am in the US, so 600 Euro is pretty ridiculous for me. the
          Mono/Poly cost about $400-500 USD in 1998 (about $250 in 1993!).

          It's not that I don't want to pay or anything like that, it's just
          that I cannot pay such a large amount at once. It's simply not in the
          cards right now. And I have no credit, so I can't get any kind of a loan.

          I'm definitely going to get one, it's just a matter of procuring it.
          I was thinking about the Polysix, but I decided I really didn't want
          to have to settle. Especially when it's concerning such a large chunk
          of change.

          I'm hoping someone has one who is willing to let it go for a
          reasonable price and is willing to work out some way of paying for it.
          Like I said, I can make payments monthly or something along those
          lines, I just can't drop $800+ at one time while paying for school and
          such.

          PS: My screenname is named after the Queen song. ;-)
        • joe-joe
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 8, 2009
            its price and demand. that is true with anything. i agree some are
            over priced but for the most part all is fair. save your cash and hope
            for the best. the synth is well worth it.

            --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "underpressure116"
            <underpressure116@...> wrote:

            > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, Florian Anwander
            > <fanwander@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello Mike
            > >
            > > it really sounds like you are under pressure.
            > > I cannot confirm that the price of the MonoPoly inflated very much
            the
            > > last ten years. I started looking for one in 1998, and back then they
            > > costed here in Germany around 1000 to 1100 DeutschMarks (450-500
            > Euros).
            > > Today you will get a good Monopoly for 600 Euros. I think this is not
            > > too bad. And a MP is really worth that money. It is well built, I
            > has no
            > > known problems like the Polysix with its battery, or the ProOne
            with
            > > its keyboard. I am taking the MP since ten years on stage and it
            never
            > > showed a single failure.
            > >
            > > I can definitely recommend it and I can tell you it is worth saving
            > your
            > > money.
            > >

            > > Florian
            >

            > I absolutely agree, but I can't FIND a decent priced one anywhere.
            > Also, I am in the US, so 600 Euro is pretty ridiculous for me. the
            > Mono/Poly cost about $400-500 USD in 1998 (about $250 in 1993!).
            >
            > It's not that I don't want to pay or anything like that, it's just
            > that I cannot pay such a large amount at once. It's simply not in the
            > cards right now. And I have no credit, so I can't get any kind of a
            loan.

            > I'm definitely going to get one, it's just a matter of procuring it.
            > I was thinking about the Polysix, but I decided I really didn't want
            > to have to settle. Especially when it's concerning such a large chunk
            > of change.
            >
            > I'm hoping someone has one who is willing to let it go for a
            > reasonable price and is willing to work out some way of paying for it.
            > Like I said, I can make payments monthly or something along those
            > lines, I just can't drop $800+ at one time while paying for school and
            > such.
            >

            > PS: My screenname is named after the Queen song. ;-)

          • David Kyle
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 8, 2009
              hey!
              gotta go old school on this......
              I know this sounds bad,but if you love it soo much, consider it as a potential wife-----
               how many weeks pay is customary for the price of a diamond engagement ring????
              so-save nickles and dimes, whatever ya gotta do-eat pasta 7 nights instead of 6-
               If you are as in love with MP next year at this time, you may have enough money by then....
              thats what i did- you wont regret it!

              --
              eat and sleep....TODAY!!!!
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 9, 2009
                Hello Mike

                > I absolutely agree, but I can't FIND a decent priced one anywhere.
                > Also, I am in the US, so 600 Euro is pretty ridiculous for me. the
                > Mono/Poly cost about $400-500 USD in 1998 (about $250 in 1993!).
                That never happened here in Germany. The MonoPoly never went down that much.

                > It's not that I don't want to pay or anything like that, it's just
                > that I cannot pay such a large amount at once. It's simply not in the
                > cards right now. And I have no credit, so I can't get any kind of a loan.
                An honest business never should think about credit. Buy what you can
                afford. If you can't afford, then wait until your savings got that far.
                (our world economy crisis is based on the fact, that so called
                businessmen, think that credit is base for business. It is not.)

                > PS: My screenname is named after the Queen song. ;-)
                Ok, next investment will be a Roland Jupiter 8, which was used for that
                recording ;-) (In the Musicland Studios I played once the one they used).

                Florian
              • Bill Sequeira
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 11, 2009
                  There is a MP in good shape currently for $500 on ebay - just in case
                  you are interested.

                  http://cgi.ebay.com/KORG-MONO-POLY-MP-4-ANOLOG-SYNTH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a4Q7c65Q3a10Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem160315463173QQitemZ160315463173QQptZKeyboardsQ5fMIDIQQsalenotsupported

                  Cheers -- Bill
                  Bill Sequeira, PHD