What versions of the MP have the analog noise instead of the digital noise chip?

  • intellijel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2009
      My MP is serial no: 371112

      Is there any way of knowing based on serial no. if I have the updated
      version of the MP with analog white noise circuitry?
    • Alain
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2010
        I know one sure way to tell is to listen carefully to the white noise coming out of your MP. If it's digital there will be a clearly audible looping pattern (repeating about every second or so). If it's analog, such a pattern will not be present at all. That's the main reason why Korg decided to replace the dreaded MM5837 digital chip by a conventional "open leg transistor" circuit I guess.

        My MP4 has serial no:374560 and it has analog noise. I think that Korg made the revisions early on during production, but I can't tell starting at what serial number.