TR606 and Mono/Poly

  • homemcouve
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      can anyone tell me how to sync the tempo of the MonoPoly arpeggiator
      to the TR606?

      Thanks
      Luis
    • Nick Fletcher

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
          Hi, the TR606 has 2 trigger out minijacks. One associated with the Low
          Tom and the other to the High Tom.

          I tried connecting but I must have done something wrong because I
          failed to sync them...

          Any help?

          thanks
          Luis

          --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Fletcher" <nickeax@...>
          wrote:

          > The Mono/Poly can send and respond to trigger signals and voltage
          signals
          > for the specification of pitch. As long as the voltages between both
          units
          > are compatible, you should have no problem connecting them.
          >
          > I am not sure which signals the 606 can send though.
          >
          > On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 10:23 PM, homemcouve <homemcouve@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi everyone,
          > >
          > > can anyone tell me how to sync the tempo of the MonoPoly arpeggiator
          > > to the TR606?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Luis

        • homemcouve
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
            The specifications are:

            TRIGGER OUT x 2
            Mini-jack (HT, LT; +14V. 20 mSec pulse)

            --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "homemcouve" <homemcouve@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi, the TR606 has 2 trigger out minijacks. One associated with the Low
            > Tom and the other to the High Tom.
            >
            > I tried connecting but I must have done something wrong because I
            > failed to sync them...
            >
            > Any help?
            >
            > thanks
            > Luis
            >

            > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Fletcher" <nickeax@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > The Mono/Poly can send and respond to trigger signals and voltage
            > signals
            > > for the specification of pitch. As long as the voltages between both
            > units
            > > are compatible, you should have no problem connecting them.
            > >
            > > I am not sure which signals the 606 can send though.
            > >
            > > On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 10:23 PM, homemcouve <homemcouve@> wrote:
            > >
            > > > Hi everyone,
            > > >
            > > > can anyone tell me how to sync the tempo of the MonoPoly arpeggiator
            > > > to the TR606?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks
            > > > Luis

          • homemcouve
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
              More info:

              The TR-606 Rhythm Composer provides two independant, programmable
              TRIGGER OUTs to allow interfacing with synthesizers or sequencers.
              Each trigger is a positive 15 Volt, 20 millisecond pulse suitable for
              activating either the Trigger or Gate inputs of most major brands of
              equipment.

              A synthesizer such as the Roland SH-09 may be gated to process its own
              oscillators. By combining a mono synthesizer such as the SH-09 with a
              sequencer such as one of the Roland CSQ digital sequencers, the TR-606
              TRIGGERs will start and/or step the sequencer/synthesizer combination
              for many programmed musical lines. The triggers may also be used to
              control the rhythm and rate of the Arpeggio sections of the Roland
              JUPITER polyphonic synthesizers.

              The two TRIGGER OUTs correspond to rhythms programmed into the Low Tom
              or High Tom positions, rhythms determined by the Track/Program
              selector and programming. These instruments may be used simultaneously
              with their TRIGGER OUT or programmed specifically to provide with
              TRIGGER OUTPUT rhythms, silencing the instruments using the individual
              INSTRUMENT MIX LEVEL (E) controls.

              [The trigger outputs can also be used to trigger other analog
              drumkits, such as those made by Simmons, Midwest Analog Products, etc.
              - ed]

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
                Hi Louis

                > can anyone tell me how to sync the tempo of the MonoPoly arpeggiator
                > to the TR606?
                Trigger-out606 to Arpeggiatorclock-in-MP will cause a late triggering of
                the Arpeggiator. The Arpeggiator is a switched trigger in. You need some
                adapter like

                http://www.doepfer.de/faq/gen_faq.htm#S-Trig

                Best regards, Florian
              • homemcouve