problem with main output

  • intellijel
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2008
      It looks like the main output on my monopoly just died. I get an
      extremely quiet signal out of it now but the headphone out works fine.

      I looked at the schematic in the service manual and looked for the
      point where the output signal splits between the phones out and main
      out. The interesting thing is that after this point there are only a
      couple of padding resistors and a switch in the path of the main outs;
      basically there is not much that could fail (e.g. no capacitor etc.)
      so I am guessing it must be more of a mechanical thing that has failed
      with the jack or some corrosion on circuit traces.

      Just wondering if anyone experienced anything simmilar before I open
      this synth up for the first time.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 2008

        I assume, the ground connection of the socket is dead.

        Florian