Re: [korg_mono-poly] VCO 1 as modulation source.

  • Scott Deyo
    Message 1 of 5 , May 25, 2008
      I got excited a few years ago and modded my Mono/Poly. Now all bets are
      off : )

      That's a great mod. I was poking around with stuff like that, but
      didn't think of anything so obvious as just mixing it to MG-1.
      Did you use any new circuitry, or just add it in?
      I added on-off-on switches to both MGs for fast-original-faster, and I
      get great vocal sounds, but yours are even better, probably due to the
      speed of the modulation.

      Cheers,
      Scott Deyo
      The Bridechamber
      contact@...
      http://www.bridechamber.com
      Jealous Edison Record Kompany
      http://www.jealousedison.com

      Message 2 of 5 , May 26, 2008
        No new circuitry just a few lengths of wire a potentiometer and a switch. Hardest part was finding a potentiometer that I could fit a monopoly knob on to. Had to shave about 3 mil of the ones I did use to get the knob to slide down enough.

        > I got excited a few years ago and modded my Mono/Poly. Now
        > all bets are
        > off : )
        >
        > That's a great mod. I was poking around with stuff like
        > that, but
        > didn't think of anything so obvious as just mixing it
        > to MG-1.
        > Did you use any new circuitry, or just add it in?
        > I added on-off-on switches to both MGs for
        > fast-original-faster, and I
        > get great vocal sounds, but yours are even better, probably
        > due to the
        > speed of the modulation.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Scott Deyo
        > The Bridechamber
        > contact@...
        > http://www.bridechamber.com
        > Jealous Edison Record Kompany
        > http://www.jealousedison.com
        >

        > On May 25, 2008, at 4:45 PM, alanmdicker wrote:
        >
        > > Hello people. I've been busy under the hood so to
        > speak and have come
        > > up with a mod to use VCO 12 as a modulation mixable
        > to the MG1
        > > controls. Also with a switch to turn the Monopoly
        > back to its original
        > > architecture. Managed to get a knob cap from Organ
        > parts which i
        > > s on its way but in the mean time I'm using the
        > knob cap from the
        > > noise
        > > mix section. Couldn't find a monopoly switch as
        > of yet but Am using a
        > > switch from a local electronics store in the mean
        > time.
        > > VCO1 can now be used to modulate the pitch of the
        > other VCOs. or the
        > > filter or its self if need be. this has opened up the
        > sound
        > > possibilities allot. I've got a short MP3 of
        > first pitch modulation
        > > from VCO1 in PWM mode and then filter modulation with
        > the pitch of VCO
        > > 1 very high to get that lovely vocal sound. I can
        > also get some nice
        > > bell sounds using this mod.
        > > http://download.yousendit.com/514D977C35CE681A
        > > and here is a picture
        > > http://www.psypix.net/gallery/data/500/MPMod.jpg
        > >
        > > :o)

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
      • Scott Deyo
        Message 3 of 5 , May 26, 2008
          Nice, thanks! Those are about the only mods I seem to have time for --
          quick and dirty!
          : )