Re: [korg_mono-poly] Mono/Poly fried or something fixable?

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 11 1:20 AM
      Hi alexander

      > I was to tune my 3rd osc when a PCB that was hanging loose came in
      > contact with the PSU-unit. Do you know the PCB with the radiator-thing
      > on it?
      >
      > I saw a flash and then a resistor was burning.
      >
      > Is it beyond rescue ?
      Yes there is rescue, but this is now a job which should definitely NOT
      be done by yourself (letting this pcb hang free around proved, that you
      do not understand anything about the dangers of open synths). This
      should be done only by a knowlegded person. This won't save money, but
      it will save your live.

      Florian
    • alexander.henriksson@seb.se
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 11 1:24 AM
        Thanks!

        Yes, you're right. Never again that I touch the insides of a synthesizer.. :)
        Is there a clue to what has happened? Maybe I have to buy a new PSU-unit to send with the MP4 to the serviceman..

        Best Regards!

        > I was to tune my 3rd osc when a PCB that was hanging
        loose came in
        > contact with the PSU-unit. Do you know the PCB with the
        radiator-thing
        > on it?
        >
        > I saw a flash and then a
        resistor was burning.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 11 1:31 AM
          Hello Alexander

          > Is there a clue to what has happened? Maybe I have to buy a new PSU-unit
          > to send with the MP4 to the serviceman..
          One cannot tell, what really happened. The synth has to be demounted
          completely and one has to test and reconnected every module
          systematicall step by step. Reconnection means also to use special fuse
          cables that protect the parts that are still working.

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 11 1:34 AM
            Ok! Thank you very much for your answers Florian!
            I will send it to a skilled serviceman!
            Best Regards and have a good day!
            Alexander Henriksson

            > Is there a clue to what has happened? Maybe I
            have to buy a new PSU-unit
            > to send with the MP4 to the
            serviceman..