monoploy arpeggiator

  • devsaroopsingh
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2008
      Hi there, just wondering how i can trigger the arpeggiator? Would a tr 808 work ...or what
      can i use to trigger this?

      thanks,
      vince
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2008
        Hi Vince

        > Hi there, just wondering how i can trigger the arpeggiator? Would a tr 808 work ...or what
        > can i use to trigger this?
        Originally the arpeggiator clock in is a switched trigger input (means:
        shorten tip to ground advances the arpeggio one step).

        To use it with a TR-808 trigger out, you have to use a
        V-Trigger-to-S-Trigger adaptor as shown at
        http://www.doepfer.de/faq/gen_faq.htm#S-Trig

        Alternatively you may try to use a short audio click signal like the 808
        Rimshot, but it will not be that reliable and may cause double triggering.

        All the best, Florian
      • vince a
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 7, 2008
          thanks florian!!!

          looks not too hard...hehe umm would there be anywhere or anyone who sells this type of adapter?

          thanks again.

          vince

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 7, 2008
            Hi Vince

            > looks not too hard...hehe umm would there be anywhere or anyone who sells this type of adapter?
            as you can read in the text, doepfer does: "...We offer such a special
            cable at a price of about Euro 20.00 - 25.00 (depends upon cable length
            and connector type)...".

            Florian
          • alanmdicker
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 7, 2008
              If you using a computer to sequencer and you want to sync the monopoly
              arp up to it then there is a simple way that I found to work with any
              synth with an arp trigger. You may have read that sending the audio of
              a drum shot to the trigger input can work and it can but its not very
              reliable.
              I use Sony sound forge to synthesize an 18 millisecond pulse wave.
              Then I place this very short sample in to my software sampler with no
              note scaling on and send the audio out put of this to the trigger input
              of the monopoly. Once you set the correct volume it works without
              fail. plus whats really cool is that your not stuck with a strait
              pattern for the triggering as you can write in your sequencer the
              pattern you want.
              --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "devsaroopsingh"