New Member and Mod Question

  • tricmagazine
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 2008
      Hi, I'm a new member as of a few minutes ago!

      I hope you all don't mind, but I made a new photo album called "mods"
      for people to share their Mono/Poly mods, and uploaded the first photo.

      That said, I got mine used with this mod already done, but I have no
      idea what it is for! Can anyone please have a look and get reply to
      this post? I've scoured the internet for an answer with no avail. The
      closest thing I could find was some Moog hook-up port thingy, but that
      could be totally wrong...

      Thanks,
      Casey
    • Anwander, Florian
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2008
        Hi Casey

        > That said, I got mine used with this mod already done, but I have no
        > idea what it is for! Can anyone please have a look and get reply to
        > this post?
        The picture doesn't say too much. It would be more helpful to open the
        MonoPoly and take a shot from the inside to show where the cables go to.

        There are a lot of possible moddings:

        CV/Gate-out CV/Gate-In for the individual VCO-voices.

        Separate triggers for the VCO / VCA Envelopes

        The width of the connector also implies access to the keyboard matrix,
        which would enable additional MIDI-In/MIDI-out interfaces.

      • Casey Grabowski
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 23, 2008
          Oops! Opened it up, and it doesn't go anywhere! All the wires are snipped!  Guess it was an idea gone sour.

          I would still like to know what kind of cable I could use if I do decide to wire it up...

          Casey