Re: Just got a Mono/poly

  • vldmrssnsgrbjrn
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2007
      What I am perhaps most concerned with is if this has anything to do
      with the micro computer which I believe governs the function of these
      buttons or if it is a broken solder, which would make life alot more
      easier, replies will be much appreciated if someone has had similar
      problems. :)
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2007
        Hi vldmrssnsgrbjrn (???)

        > I just purchased a mono/poly which is pretty great except that I can't
        > seem to assign the poly button, It doesn't light up and I seem to be
        > stuck in either unison or unison/share mode. Has anyone had this
        > problem or have an idea about the cause?
        I don't think that the uP is the cause.

        Does selecting the polymode unselect the Unisono or Uni/share mode?
        If yes -> only the LED or LED control is broken.
        If no:
        Can you select the Up/Down Mode for the arpeggiator?
        If no -> the adress line might be broken.
        If yes -> the switch is not connecting or the cable from KLM-356 to
        KLM-353 (switch/LFO/Bender board) is broken (or in both cases a solder
        point is dead).

        Regarding the LED: Q5 on KLM-356 might be dead.

        Good luck!

        Florian
      • vldmrssnsgrbjrn
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2007

          Thanks, I´ll have to chech this stuff out, I noticed that when I turn
          the mono/poly on all of the lights flash, also the one on the poly
          button, Every thing else seems to work, such as the arpeggiator.
          Thanks alot for the response.

          Best Regards, Sigurbjörn Már

          --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, Florian Anwander