Re: [korg_mono-poly] Looking for a dead Monopoly

  • akira honda
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005

      What's the problem with the keyboard ? The keys are in bad condition or the carbon contacts don't work anymore ?

      If the contacts are non working, i repair mine using a Chemtronics CircuitWorks Conductive Pen, it's a silver tint, i open the pen i put some tint over the carbon contact and i put it over a lamp to vulcanize the tint for about 5 to 10 minutes.

      If your keys are broken try to get another broken synth that use the same kind of keys, like, prophet 600, MAX, Multitrak, Kawai SX210, Polysix, etc... or try ebay.. i watched the other day a sequential circuits MAX replacement keyboard NOS.

      Also check the bushes of the keys, if you feel that the key are loose and strike the metal, maybe the bushes are broken, you can use Thermofit to replace the bushes.

      Hope this information can help you !

      Regards an happy new year !

      wny_synth <wny_synth@...> wrote:

      I am in the process of restoring a monopoly with bad keyboard and
      Iam looking for a dead monopoly witha good keyboard.  If anyone out
      there has one they would consider parting with send me an e-mail at:
      wny_synth@"no spam"yahoo.com.  Thanks

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • midnitesoulhammer
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2005
        The keyboard on mine was also bad when I got it.
        I found that the back of the keys where not hitting the sensor bar
        with enough force.
        To make it work I made a note of all the keys that didn't produce
        sound and I simply shaved down the plastic spacers between the key
        bed and the sensor bar until, when fully assembled, they worked
        regularly.
        Its not complicated, just file down the plastic spacers until the
        keys around that spacer/spacers produce sound when assembled.
        Hope this helps,
        -D

        --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "wny_synth" <wny_synth@y...>
        wrote:

        > I am in the process of restoring a monopoly with bad keyboard and
        > Iam looking for a dead monopoly witha good keyboard. If anyone out
        > there has one they would consider parting with send me an e-mail
        at:
        > wny_synth@"no spam"yahoo.com. Thanks
      • wny_synth
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 17, 2005
          My problem is not so simple. Someone made a very poor attempt at
          replaing the printed cicuit board that has the contacts on it and
          ended up destroying it. If I can't find a replacement, then this
          monopoly is toast. Its unfortunate because the electronics appear
          to be OK

          --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "midnitesoulhammer"
          <midnitesoulhammer@y...> wrote:

          > The keyboard on mine was also bad when I got it.
          > I found that the back of the keys where not hitting the sensor bar
          > with enough force.
          > To make it work I made a note of all the keys that didn't produce
          > sound and I simply shaved down the plastic spacers between the key
          > bed and the sensor bar until, when fully assembled, they worked
          > regularly.
          > Its not complicated, just file down the plastic spacers until the
          > keys around that spacer/spacers produce sound when assembled.
          > Hope this helps,
          > -D
          >

          > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "wny_synth"
          <wny_synth@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I am in the process of restoring a monopoly with bad keyboard
          and
          > > Iam looking for a dead monopoly witha good keyboard. If anyone
          out
          > > there has one they would consider parting with send me an e-mail
          > at:
          > > wny_synth@"no spam"yahoo.com. Thanks
        • Mars Holie
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 19, 2005
            do you own another analog keyboard with CV? you can controll it that
            way if its just the keys.