Looking for a dead Monopoly

  • wny_synth
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2004
      I am in the process of restoring a monopoly with bad keyboard and
      Iam looking for a dead monopoly witha good keyboard. If anyone out
      there has one they would consider parting with send me an e-mail at:
      wny_synth@"no spam"yahoo.com. Thanks
    • akira honda
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005

        What's the problem with the keyboard ? The keys are in bad condition or the carbon contacts don't work anymore ?

        If the contacts are non working, i repair mine using a Chemtronics CircuitWorks Conductive Pen, it's a silver tint, i open the pen i put some tint over the carbon contact and i put it over a lamp to vulcanize the tint for about 5 to 10 minutes.

        If your keys are broken try to get another broken synth that use the same kind of keys, like, prophet 600, MAX, Multitrak, Kawai SX210, Polysix, etc... or try ebay.. i watched the other day a sequential circuits MAX replacement keyboard NOS.

        Also check the bushes of the keys, if you feel that the key are loose and strike the metal, maybe the bushes are broken, you can use Thermofit to replace the bushes.

        Hope this information can help you !

        Regards an happy new year !

        wny_synth <wny_synth@...> wrote:

        I am in the process of restoring a monopoly with bad keyboard and
        Iam looking for a dead monopoly witha good keyboard.  If anyone out
        there has one they would consider parting with send me an e-mail at:
        wny_synth@"no spam"yahoo.com.  Thanks

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • midnitesoulhammer
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2005
          The keyboard on mine was also bad when I got it.
          I found that the back of the keys where not hitting the sensor bar
          with enough force.
          To make it work I made a note of all the keys that didn't produce
          sound and I simply shaved down the plastic spacers between the key
          bed and the sensor bar until, when fully assembled, they worked
          regularly.
          Its not complicated, just file down the plastic spacers until the
          keys around that spacer/spacers produce sound when assembled.
          Hope this helps,
          -D

          --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "wny_synth" <wny_synth@y...>

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 17 7:35 PM
            My problem is not so simple. Someone made a very poor attempt at
            replaing the printed cicuit board that has the contacts on it and
            ended up destroying it. If I can't find a replacement, then this
            monopoly is toast. Its unfortunate because the electronics appear
            to be OK

            --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "midnitesoulhammer"
            <midnitesoulhammer@y...> wrote:

            > The keyboard on mine was also bad when I got it.
            > I found that the back of the keys where not hitting the sensor bar
            > with enough force.
            > To make it work I made a note of all the keys that didn't produce
            > sound and I simply shaved down the plastic spacers between the key
            > bed and the sensor bar until, when fully assembled, they worked
            > regularly.
            > Its not complicated, just file down the plastic spacers until the
            > keys around that spacer/spacers produce sound when assembled.
            > Hope this helps,
            > -D
            >

            > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "wny_synth"
            <wny_synth@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I am in the process of restoring a monopoly with bad keyboard
            and
            > > Iam looking for a dead monopoly witha good keyboard. If anyone
            out
            > > there has one they would consider parting with send me an e-mail
            > at:
            > > wny_synth@"no spam"yahoo.com. Thanks
          • Mars Holie
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 19 11:58 PM
              do you own another analog keyboard with CV? you can controll it that
              way if its just the keys.