Re: [korg_mono-poly] hey im a newbie !!!

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 13, 2007
      Hi

      > personal experience tell you whats goin on. if anyone could give me a
      > breif overveiw of syncing the arpeggiator. i have limeted gear and
      > limeted funds, i have a 707, what are the possibilities???
      The arpeggiator requires a single trigger signal for each step (in fact
      you need a so called "Switched Trigger"). This kind of trigger signal
      was usually generated by analogue drum machines (eg. the TR-808 provides
      trigger outs), sequencers or dedicated synchronizers.

      For synching with MIDI the easiest way should be a MIDI-2-CV interface,
      like Doepfer MCV4 or Kenton Pro Solo (others exist). If you program a
      short note for each step of the arpeggiator in your sequencer and feed
      the "gate out" of the interface to the arpeggiator in, you will have a sync.
      It is irrelevant which note you are using - because you don't use the
      tonal information (which is transferred by the CV-Signal) but only the
      Note-on/off, which is transferred by the Gate-Signal.

      Another possibility, but not as reliable, might be to use a short audio
      signal (e.g a rimshot) to trigger the Arpeggio.

      Florian
    • e_monteiro
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 13, 2007
        > Another possibility, but not as reliable, might be to use a short
        audio
        > signal (e.g a rimshot) to trigger the Arpeggio.
        >
        > Florian

        hey,
        thanks heaps for relpying. i currently dont have anough cash to buy a
        midi to c/v interface, but what i do have is a rimshot out on my 707.
        i put this into the c/v trigger in and it triggered the single not per
        step set on the 707, but when put in the arpeggio in nothing
        happened.... is it to do with the (switch/ ground) switch????
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 14, 2007
          Hi

          > i put this into the c/v trigger in and it triggered the single not per
          > step set on the 707, but when put in the arpeggio in nothing
          > happened.... is it to do with the (switch/ ground) switch????
          ok, thats what I feared. Then assumingly it won't work with Audioclick
          only. The Arpeggio in requires a so called Trigger-to-switch converter.

          If you can solder you can build it very easy on your own. It requires
          only one transistor, one resistor and two sockets or jacks. See:
          http://www.doepfer.de/faq/gen_faq.htm#S-Trig

          Best regards, Florian
        • e_monteiro
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 14, 2007
            The Arpeggio in requires a so called Trigger-to-switch converter.

            > If you can solder you can build it very easy on your own. It
            requires
            > only one transistor, one resistor and two sockets or jacks. See:
            > http://www.doepfer.de/faq/gen_faq.htm#S-Trig

            AWSOME!, thanks heaps dude, i wont be welding this specifically but my
            freind whos great at this type of thing will.
            much appreciated florian, cheers!