hey im a newbie !!!

  • e_monteiro
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 12, 2007
      hey everyone, i recently bought a mono/poly about 3 weeks ago, my
      limeted experience of synthesis in my whole 18 years of life has been
      purely digital. its sad i know...it was great to learn that there is a
      group to help me with this amazing instrument, im so eager to learn. i
      downloaded the manual but theres nothing like having someone with
      personal experience tell you whats goin on. if anyone could give me a
      breif overveiw of syncing the arpeggiator. i have limeted gear and
      limeted funds, i have a 707, what are the possibilities???

      thanks in advance to anyone that can help
      great group, il start posting my patches as soon as i can.
      cheers.
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 13, 2007
        Hi

        > personal experience tell you whats goin on. if anyone could give me a
        > breif overveiw of syncing the arpeggiator. i have limeted gear and
        > limeted funds, i have a 707, what are the possibilities???
        The arpeggiator requires a single trigger signal for each step (in fact
        you need a so called "Switched Trigger"). This kind of trigger signal
        was usually generated by analogue drum machines (eg. the TR-808 provides
        trigger outs), sequencers or dedicated synchronizers.

        For synching with MIDI the easiest way should be a MIDI-2-CV interface,
        like Doepfer MCV4 or Kenton Pro Solo (others exist). If you program a
        short note for each step of the arpeggiator in your sequencer and feed
        the "gate out" of the interface to the arpeggiator in, you will have a sync.
        It is irrelevant which note you are using - because you don't use the
        tonal information (which is transferred by the CV-Signal) but only the
        Note-on/off, which is transferred by the Gate-Signal.

        Another possibility, but not as reliable, might be to use a short audio
        signal (e.g a rimshot) to trigger the Arpeggio.

        Florian
      • e_monteiro
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 13, 2007
          > Another possibility, but not as reliable, might be to use a short
          audio
          > signal (e.g a rimshot) to trigger the Arpeggio.
          >
          > Florian

          hey,
          thanks heaps for relpying. i currently dont have anough cash to buy a
          midi to c/v interface, but what i do have is a rimshot out on my 707.
          i put this into the c/v trigger in and it triggered the single not per
          step set on the 707, but when put in the arpeggio in nothing
          happened.... is it to do with the (switch/ ground) switch????
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 14, 2007
            Hi

            > i put this into the c/v trigger in and it triggered the single not per
            > step set on the 707, but when put in the arpeggio in nothing
            > happened.... is it to do with the (switch/ ground) switch????
            ok, thats what I feared. Then assumingly it won't work with Audioclick
            only. The Arpeggio in requires a so called Trigger-to-switch converter.

            If you can solder you can build it very easy on your own. It requires
            only one transistor, one resistor and two sockets or jacks. See:
            http://www.doepfer.de/faq/gen_faq.htm#S-Trig

            Best regards, Florian
          • e_monteiro
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 14, 2007
              The Arpeggio in requires a so called Trigger-to-switch converter.

              > If you can solder you can build it very easy on your own. It
              requires
              > only one transistor, one resistor and two sockets or jacks. See:
              > http://www.doepfer.de/faq/gen_faq.htm#S-Trig

              AWSOME!, thanks heaps dude, i wont be welding this specifically but my
              freind whos great at this type of thing will.
              much appreciated florian, cheers!