Power Supply......on the fritz

  • nowdigitaluk
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2007
      Hi,

      My Mono' needs help, anyone any idea what the output voltage of the
      transformer or voltage accross the smoothing capacitors should be?

      Thanks
    • Louis van Dompselaar
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2007
        > My Mono' needs help, anyone any idea what the output voltage of the
        > transformer or voltage accross the smoothing capacitors should be?

        Mine still has the original label. Check this:
        http://www.dompselaar.org/Korg/mp_transformer.jpg

        Louis
      • Mike Martin
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2007
          I just measured mine (which is working reasonably well). The output
          at the secondary of the transformer is 46.5 Vac. The voltage measured
          across the large filter capacitor was 22.4 Vdc. Bear in mind that
          these are with a 120 Vac/60 Hz line input voltage, so what you see in
          the U.K. may well be different than what I'm seeing in America. I
          hope this helps.

          Good luck,

          Mike
          Houston, TX USA

          --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "nowdigitaluk"
          <tim.cockram@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > My Mono' needs help, anyone any idea what the output voltage of the
          > transformer or voltage accross the smoothing capacitors should be?
          >
          > Thanks

        • Louis van Dompselaar
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 9, 2007
            I'm also in Europe but my M/P has exactly the same transformer.
            They just put in an additional 2:1 transformer in front of that!

            I'm not sure if that was Korg policy or whether I have a US model
            that was adapted by someone.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 9, 2007
              Hi Louis

              > I'm also in Europe but my M/P has exactly the same transformer.
              > They just put in an additional 2:1 transformer in front of that!
              >
              > I'm not sure if that was Korg policy or whether I have a US model
              > that was adapted by someone.
              Your MonoPoly seems to be an adapted 110V. Mine is an original european
              model and contains only one transformer:
              http://fa.utfs.org/diy/monopoly_mirage/images/100-0049_IMG.jpg

              Florian
            • nowdigitaluk
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 9, 2007
                <tim.cockram@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > My Mono' needs help, anyone any idea what the output voltage of the
                > transformer or voltage accross the smoothing capacitors should be?
                >
                > Thanks

                Thanks for the information! Very useful