VCF EG Questions

  • chodebot
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14, 2006
      Hello everyone, I'm new here and just recently picked up a Mono/Poly.
      After having spent quite a bit of time going over the manual and
      testing out the various paramters of the synth, I'm trying to figure
      out if the VCF EG is working on my MonoPoly. I can't seem to get any
      kind of a filter contour using the VCF envelope. I've adjusted the VCF
      EG intensity knob, but that only adjusts the filter, rather than the
      EG contour intensity . The only Filter envelope response I've had is
      when I'm holding down a note and its sustaining, and then I adjust the
      sustain on the VCF EG. The filter then sweeps up and down as I adjust
      the sustain level up and down. I get no attack or decay response at
      any time though. Is this normal? Am i missing a setting? I can't see
      how the synth would have a Filter envelope and then not actually have
      control over it. I've been able to get filter control using the LFO,
      but not with the VCF EG at all. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions
      they would be greatly appreciated.

      thanks

      Craig
    • virupower
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 15, 2014
        Same problem here... attack, decay and release of the VCF EG are not working :(Everything else works perfectly.Help please!:)
      • Paul Sikivie
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 15, 2014
          Sorry to hear this. I had a similar problem with my M/P (non functioning of an envelope generator) which turned out to be circuit board trace corrosion from a leaky cap. I can't help but suspect you might suffer from a similar cause. Got a multimeter and the schematics? Get in there!

          I posted my experiences here:

          http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/608707-korg-mono-poly-envelope-problem-easy-fix.html

          Best luck in bringing your M/P to full health.

          Paul

          Sent from my iPhone
        • Paul Sikivie