Re: [korg_mono-poly] Bell Patch?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2006
      Hi Peter

      > Does anyone have a bell patch for the Mono/Poly? Preferably something
      > along the lines of a tubular or church bell, but really any bell patch
      > would be useful.
      Though crossmodulation may look promising, the best method is to imitate
      the physics of a bell: A bell basically works with "under tones" (in
      opposite to "natural tones" or "upper tones").

      Best method might be:
      poly mode -> hold -> then press a chord which represents undertones (but
      leave away the first undertone), -> press chord memory, -> use the VCFs
      cutoff frequency with some resonance as first undertone.

      Example
      Original tone is: C4
      Undertones for C4 are: C3, F2, C2, Ab2, F2, D2, C1, B,....
      Now pick four notes out of this row for your chord. My suggestion:
      C4, F2, Ab2, D2 and tune the filter for C3.

      regards, Florian