Bell Patch?

  • peter_vh01
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2006
      Hello,

      Does anyone have a bell patch for the Mono/Poly? Preferably something
      along the lines of a tubular or church bell, but really any bell patch
      would be useful.

      Thanks!

      - Peter
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19, 2006
        Hi Peter

        > Does anyone have a bell patch for the Mono/Poly? Preferably something
        > along the lines of a tubular or church bell, but really any bell patch
        > would be useful.
        Though crossmodulation may look promising, the best method is to imitate
        the physics of a bell: A bell basically works with "under tones" (in
        opposite to "natural tones" or "upper tones").

        Best method might be:
        poly mode -> hold -> then press a chord which represents undertones (but
        leave away the first undertone), -> press chord memory, -> use the VCFs
        cutoff frequency with some resonance as first undertone.

        Example
        Original tone is: C4
        Undertones for C4 are: C3, F2, C2, Ab2, F2, D2, C1, B,....
        Now pick four notes out of this row for your chord. My suggestion:
        C4, F2, Ab2, D2 and tune the filter for C3.

        regards, Florian