Re: Mono/poly>CV to midi box>My PC

  • JIMBO
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 17, 2006
      In ProTools I send Midi Beat Clock to my Doepfer MAQ 16/3 sequencer, then take the CV
      Gate out from one of the MAQ's rows, and send it to the MonoPoly Arpeggio Trig In. I've
      included a sound example in the "Files" section of this group. There was some latency, so,
      as has been mentioned here earlier, I moved the sound file to match the beat, removing
      the "swing" feel.

      Peace,
      Jimbo
      www.sequenox.com

      --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, people person <peopleperson04@...> wrote:

      > Yeah, I ran a click out of a seperate soundcard output and it worked perfectly. There's a
      noticeable amount of latency, but I just made a wav file out of the click, and moved it up a
      little in my host software. Piece of cake. Again, thanks so much.

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 18, 2006
        Hi Jimbo

        > In ProTools I send Midi Beat Clock to my Doepfer MAQ 16/3 sequencer, then take the CV
        > Gate out from one of the MAQ's rows, and send it to the MonoPoly Arpeggio Trig In. I've
        > included a sound example in the "Files" section of this group. There was some latency, [...]

        The latency happens, because the arpeggio-clock-in as a switched trigger
        in reacts occasionally on the falling edge of the gate. You could fix
        this either by setting the MAQ to send inverted gate or (better) by the
        use of a gate to switched trigger converter.

        Florian
      • Jim Cowgill
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 18, 2006
          Thanks Florian, I'll try that, got to brush off the MAQ manual, one of the most perplexing documents in synthdom.