727Re: [korg_mono-poly] White noise when played, even with all OSC off and filter closed

    Nov 9, 2011
      I have the same noise but yours does sound much louder in level.  Maybe a full recalibration would help starting from the power supply.
      I assume the sine wave you were producing with the filter in self resonance and that there was no compressor on the recording right?

      From: Mark Burow <burow@...>
      To: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, 9 November 2011, 9:47
      Subject: Re: [korg_mono-poly] White noise when played, even with all OSC off and filter closed

      Hi Florian,

      well, no, I didnt really change anything important. same speakers, same interface, same room;
      I do remember that I created some really fat bass lines with the M/P earlier, without any noise/high frequency stuff alongside... maybe you're right, and this is just normal noise; but if you (and anybody else here who has the time) could please just check shortly if you also have this audible noise when all OSCs are turned to 0 and filter is fully closed; It would make me sleep better knowing that my M/P is still full functional, and not some sort of whistling box :(

      thanks for your help,
      mark

      2011/11/9 Florian Anwander <fanwander@...>
      Hello Mark,

      I did not compare it to my M/P now, but I tend to say: this is normal
      noise caused by the circuitry (typically from the resistors). Could it
      be, that you made some other change (better speakers, different audio
      connection) which makes you hear things now, you did not hear before?

      Florian

      Mark Burow wrote:
      > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1951882/00.%20MonoPoly_recorded.mp3

      <*> Your email settings: