724Re: [korg_mono-poly] White noise when played, even with all OSC off and filter closed

  • Mark Burow
    Nov 8, 2011
      Hi guys,

      I made a recording of the problem-M/P tonite:
      I tried to capture the noise by doing the following:

      first, all OSC off, and filter Cutoff & resonance set to 0; VCF Env 0, VCA attack 0, dec./sust. mid, short release; No additional noise or any fx;
      playing a pattern C3 A2 C3 C3 A2 C3
      then I first turn up the 16' sinewave, after that the 8', the 4' and the 2', and then the cutoff a little bit, as well as the VCA release...

      hope you can hear the noise / distortion, sounds really strange to me - none of my other synths have anything like this, and as far as I remember the M/P didnt have that earlier (didnt use it for quite a while...)
      earlier I used the M/P with 1 sinewave for heavy baass lines, dry stuff, without any noise at all... now I cant get any nice sound of it anymore without that noise... :(

      any idea off what this could possibly be?
      how can I track down the fault?

      thanks & regards
      mark

      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1951882/00.%20MonoPoly_recorded.mp3

      Am 07.11.2011 um 11:45 schrieb Alan Dicker:

      > A recording would help to understand if its just the normal low level noise you find in the circuit or if it is indeed something of concern.
      > Alan

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic