442Re: [korg_mono-poly] MG1 knob

    Jul 6, 2009
      Alternatively you could try the seller "Organ parts" http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/organparts&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERIDon ebay he often has the correct original pots.  You shouldn't need to replace the plastic cap but its always good to have a spare or two in reserve.

      --- On Mon, 6/7/09, Florian Anwander <fanwander@...> wrote:

      From: Florian Anwander <fanwander@...>
      Subject: Re: [korg_mono-poly] MG1 knob
      To: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, 6 July, 2009, 8:58 AM

      Hello Sophie

      > I need to replace the MG1 knob, do you know which potentiometer I should get?
      > Also, is there something I should be extra careful about when replacing it (I am a beginner at opening synths)?
      Do you need to replace the knob (the plastic thing, which sticks on the
      the potentiometer) or the potentiometer itself? If it is the
      potentiometer then: what is the failure with it? Usually cleaning the
      potentiometer solves the most problems.

      If you really have to replace the potentiometer: it is a 10kOhm
      logarithmic potentiometer. Basically it is a potentiometer from the
      company ALPS, which is still available, but unfortunately you won't get
      the exact model with the mounting stands. You may try to find a similar
      potentiometer without the stands, and then put the inards of the new
      potentiometer into the housing of the old one.

      Kind regards, Florian

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic