399Re: [korg_mono-poly] Re: WTB: Korg Mono/Poly

  • David Kyle
    Feb 8, 2009
      hey!
      gotta go old school on this......
      I know this sounds bad,but if you love it soo much, consider it as a potential wife-----
       how many weeks pay is customary for the price of a diamond engagement ring????
      so-save nickles and dimes, whatever ya gotta do-eat pasta 7 nights instead of 6-
       If you are as in love with MP next year at this time, you may have enough money by then....
      thats what i did- you wont regret it!

      On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 2:31 PM, underpressure116 <underpressure116@...> wrote:

      --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, Florian Anwander

      <fanwander@...> wrote:

      > Hello Mike
      >
      > it really sounds like you are under pressure.
      > I cannot confirm that the price of the MonoPoly inflated very much the
      > last ten years. I started looking for one in 1998, and back then they
      > costed here in Germany around 1000 to 1100 DeutschMarks (450-500
      Euros).
      > Today you will get a good Monopoly for 600 Euros. I think this is not
      > too bad. And a MP is really worth that money. It is well built, I
      has no
      > known problems like the Polysix with its battery, or the ProOne with
      > its keyboard. I am taking the MP since ten years on stage and it never
      > showed a single failure.
      >
      > I can definitely recommend it and I can tell you it is worth saving
      your
      > money.
      >

      > Florian

      I absolutely agree, but I can't FIND a decent priced one anywhere.
      Also, I am in the US, so 600 Euro is pretty ridiculous for me. the
      Mono/Poly cost about $400-500 USD in 1998 (about $250 in 1993!).

      It's not that I don't want to pay or anything like that, it's just
      that I cannot pay such a large amount at once. It's simply not in the
      cards right now. And I have no credit, so I can't get any kind of a loan.

      I'm definitely going to get one, it's just a matter of procuring it.
      I was thinking about the Polysix, but I decided I really didn't want
      to have to settle. Especially when it's concerning such a large chunk
      of change.

      I'm hoping someone has one who is willing to let it go for a
      reasonable price and is willing to work out some way of paying for it.
      Like I said, I can make payments monthly or something along those
      lines, I just can't drop $800+ at one time while paying for school and
      such.

      PS: My screenname is named after the Queen song. ;-)

      --
      eat and sleep....TODAY!!!!
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic