377Re: TR606 and Mono/Poly

  • homemcouve
    Nov 8, 2008
      More info:

      The TR-606 Rhythm Composer provides two independant, programmable
      TRIGGER OUTs to allow interfacing with synthesizers or sequencers.
      Each trigger is a positive 15 Volt, 20 millisecond pulse suitable for
      activating either the Trigger or Gate inputs of most major brands of
      equipment.

      A synthesizer such as the Roland SH-09 may be gated to process its own
      oscillators. By combining a mono synthesizer such as the SH-09 with a
      sequencer such as one of the Roland CSQ digital sequencers, the TR-606
      TRIGGERs will start and/or step the sequencer/synthesizer combination
      for many programmed musical lines. The triggers may also be used to
      control the rhythm and rate of the Arpeggio sections of the Roland
      JUPITER polyphonic synthesizers.

      The two TRIGGER OUTs correspond to rhythms programmed into the Low Tom
      or High Tom positions, rhythms determined by the Track/Program
      selector and programming. These instruments may be used simultaneously
      with their TRIGGER OUT or programmed specifically to provide with
      TRIGGER OUTPUT rhythms, silencing the instruments using the individual
      INSTRUMENT MIX LEVEL (E) controls.

      [The trigger outputs can also be used to trigger other analog
      drumkits, such as those made by Simmons, Midwest Analog Products, etc.
      - ed]

      --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "homemcouve" <homemcouve@...>
      wrote:

      > The specifications are:
      >
      > TRIGGER OUT x 2
      > Mini-jack (HT, LT; +14V. 20 mSec pulse)
      >

      > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "homemcouve" <homemcouve@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi, the TR606 has 2 trigger out minijacks. One associated with the Low
      > > Tom and the other to the High Tom.
      > >
      > > I tried connecting but I must have done something wrong because I
      > > failed to sync them...
      > >
      > > Any help?
      > >
      > > thanks
      > > Luis
      > >

      > > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Fletcher" <nickeax@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > The Mono/Poly can send and respond to trigger signals and voltage
      > > signals
      > > > for the specification of pitch. As long as the voltages between both
      > > units
      > > > are compatible, you should have no problem connecting them.
      > > >
      > > > I am not sure which signals the 606 can send though.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic