Miss Wisconsin Searches for Birth Mother

  • Sunny Jo <midnight.sun@canada.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2003
      Miss Wisconsin Searches for Birth Mother

      by Lee Se-min (johnlee@...)

      An adopted daughter is anxiously looking for her real parent. Judith
      Kim-Eckley is a junior at the medical school of the University of
      Wisconsin. She was selected as 2003 Miss Wisconsin last October and
      is waiting for the Miss USA competition to be held this coming
      March.

      On August 27, 1976, Judith was found as an abandoned baby, one week
      after her birth, in Seongdong-gu, Seoul, and was adopted by an
      American family in February 1977 via the Social Welfare Society. Her
      foster father was a US military officer and stationed in Korea as an
      accounting officer from 1968 to 1970 during the Vietnam War.
      According to Miss Eckley, her foster parents encouraged her not to
      forget she is an ethnic Korean, while teaching her Korean songs such
      as "Arirang" and "Santokki."

      Since 1998, she has visited Korea every summer to take Korean
      language courses provided by Seoul National University. "If I meet
      my real parents, the first thing I want to do is to show my album
      containing photographs of me growing up," she said.

      Copyright (c)2002, DIGITAL CHOSUN All rights reserved.

      http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200301/200301050029.html