Upcoming Show: 8/5/2009 6:00 PM

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2009
      Upcoming Show: 8/5/2009 6:00 PM
      Host Name: Dawn Davenport
      Show Name:
      Beyond Culture Camps: How to Help Internationally Adopted Kids Develop
      Cultural Identity

      Length: 1 hr 30 min
      h:9731 s:629085
      The buzz for the last 15 years has been about the need for instilling
      cultural identity in our internationally adopted kids. What does the
      latest research show. Is it really necessary, and if so, what’s the
      best way to help our kids develop a sense of cultural identity. Join
      me and our guests Hollee McGinnis, adult Korean adoptee and researcher
      with the Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute and Dr. Heather
      Jacobson, Professor of Sociology & Anthropology, and author of Culture
      Keeping: White Mothers, International Adoption, and the Negotiation of
      Family Difference.

      http://www.blogtalkradio.com/creatingafamily/2009/08/05/Beyond-Culture-Camps-How-to-Help-Internationally-Adopted-Kids-Develop-Cultural-Identity