Entertainment News 5-15-2012

    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2012

      Steamshovelpress.com is back! New web content! New book product! New conference information! PLUS: a new, daily, twitterish quip: "Parapolitics Offhand!"

      Now available on CD and through US Mail only: Popular Parapolitics, 219 pages, illustrated, of comentary on the nexus of parapolitics and popular culture. $15 post paid from Kenn Thomas, POB 210553, St. Louis, MO 63121.

      http://www.steamshovelpress.com

      HAPPY TRAILS TO HIGH WEIRDNESS
      A CONSPIRACY THEORIST'S TOUR GUIDE
      RELEASED IN PAPERBACK & ON AMAZON KINDLE

      "No matter where you go, there THEY are."

      Author Is Ultimate Tour Guide to the People, Places, & Parapolitics Throughout the Weirdscape of California and the Great Southwest

      ATLANTA - Apr. 11, 2012 - FEEJEE PRESS (feejeepress.com) announced today the release of "Happy Trails to High Weirdness: A Conspiracy Theorist's Tour Guide," a precise roadmap to the People, Places, & Parapolitics that make up the scenery of bizarre destinations in & around California and the ever-odd Great Southwest weirdscape, by author and "crackpot historian" ADAM GORIGHTLY in traditional paperback and as an ebook for Amazon Kindle and Kindle app users.

      Gorightly takes readers along for a wild and hilarious ride to out-and-out strange locations to meet up with some of the most interesting folks and figures involved in Conspiracy, UFOlogy, Occultism, Discordian Hijinks, Death Cults, and more. Gorightly's travels reveal a land of strange, beguiling and sometimes humorous wonders. From surfing with occult secret societies in Santa Cruz on through to the dry depths of the Manson Family and other cults of Death Valley to crashing with aliens and their fans in Roswell, NM, Gorightly has an uncanny knack for locating the weird, the wanton and the wacky.

      "Happy Trails to High Weirdness: A Conspiracy Theorist's Tour Guide" is a must for readers who need to mix a little levity with their paranoia. Gorightly's infectious humor takes the edge off the more distressingly dark aspects of occult and conspiracy history and lore while affording readers a better understanding of the curious subject matters that makeup fringe and high weirdness culture. You can't go wrongly with Gorightly.

      The book's introduction is by Andy Colvin, a West Coast writer, artist, "synchroconspiracy" researcher, who is best known for his "Mothman's Photographer" video/book series and also includes a bonus chapter from legendary Steamshovel Press publisher Kenn Thomas.

      The Feejee Press paperback edition can be purchased online for US $19.95 at CreateSpace.com (https://www.createspace.com/3835210) or Amazon.com (http://amzn.to/IdbCos) where a preview of the book is also available. The Kindle edition can be purchased online for US $9.99 at Amazon's Kindle Store (http://amzn.to/An00xC).

      Press Contacts:

      Adam Gorightly - Contact for Interviews
      adamgorightly.com
      adamgorightly@...

      ABOUT ADAM GORIGHTLY

      A certified "crackpot historian" and 23rd degree Discordian, Adam Gorightly has been chronicling fringe and conspiracy culture in an illuminating manner for over two decades. An active contributor to the 'zine revolution of the late '80s and early '90s, Gorightly's byline was a familiar sight in many cutting-edge magazines of the period where he sharpened his literary teeth. His articles have appeared in numerous publications such as "The Excluded Middle," "UFO Magazine," "Paranoia," "Steamshovel Press," and "FourTwoFour," the largest soccer magazine in Great Britain. Gorightly's explorations into these arcane waters eventually led to his first book, published in October 2001, "The Shadow Over Santa Susana: Black Magic, Mind Control and the Manson Family Mythos." Other books by Gorightly include "The Prankster and the Conspiracy: The Story of Kerry Thornley and How He Met Oswald and Inspired the Counterculture," "James Shelby Downard's Mystical War," and "The Beast of Adam Gorightly: Collected Rantings 1992-2004." Previously, Feejee Press published his "A Who's Who of the Manson Family."

      Editors - Feejee Press
      feejeepress.com
      editors@...

      ABOUT FEEJEE PRESS

      Feejee Press (feejeepress.com) is an upstart publishing company focused on "Forbidden, Forsaken, and Forgotten Knowledge" ranging from conspiracy theory to true crime to love poetry.

      ***

      Yacht Island Design
      http://robalini.blogspot.com/2012/05/yacht-island-design.html

      Robalini: Here's a website for some pretty interesting designs for gigantic yachts that only the decadently rich can afford. Which is a shame, because they sure look cool. In any case, sit back and check it out, ideally with an iPod soundtrack filled with the songs of Hall & Oates, Steely Dan and Christopher Cross...

      Yacht Island: Introducing the new concept in luxury yachting...
      http://www.yachtislanddesign.com

      At Yacht Island Design we like to do things differently

      We like to base our designs upon innovative floating platforms. It frees us to explore bold and daring ideas which challenge the accepted norms within the yachting industry. No longer are we bound by the restrictions of a conventional hull shape. This unleashes creative flair and individualism for our clients as well as us!

      Our approach is to consider the design in a holistic manner. We like to ensure that a common theme runs throughout the yacht, from the overall exterior shape down to the smallest interior detail. The most important thing for us is to ensure the original client-driven concept is achieved in a flowing and seamless manner.

      Concepts

      Streets of Monaco

      'The Streets of Monaco' is our first design proposal. The theme is based around the Mediterranean principality with the primary focus being the famous grand prix circuit. The idea was to recreate the circuit as a fully functional kart track able to accommodate three karts side by side to allow for plenty of overtaking. By sizing the track in this way it has driven the overall dimensions of the yacht and the placement of the famous landmarks. The Monaco story extends beyond this exterior architecture and into the interior spaces giving a seamless transition as guests move between the various areas of the yacht. The following pages show some early concept sketches and a variety of artist's impressions of the final design.

      Tropical Island Paradise

      These are some of the initial ideas created during the conceptualisation stage showing a wide variety of designs. From these designs, elements and features are extracted and combined to produce the final concept.

      The brief for this concept was to create an idyllic, floating island, with all the features of a tropical island getaway built into the design. As you can see, from the early stages, we wanted to include elements close to the water, deployable, as well as a mountain/waterfall feature.

      Project Utopia

      Visions of the future are often constrained by familiarity with the present or reflection on the past. Project Utopia, a collaboration between Yacht Island Design and BMT Nigel Gee, is an avant-garde vision of a future concept free from such restricted thought.

      Before trying to understand the design one has to examine why the greater majority of yachts have evolved to the traditional form that has derived from millennia of engineering and naval architecture. Once the mind is free from these constraints the possible forms that a concept might take are wide ranging.

      Email: enquiries@...
      Tel: +44 (0)1909 511224

      ***

      Discover your deepest goals with our Free NLP Mini-Course
      http://inlpcenter.com/free-nlp-course

      As you make efforts to improve your life, gain new skills and grow as a person, consider the following: What if you were missing some key factors? What if some of your deepest needs were forgotten along the way?

      It is entirely possible to set goals that "miss the point" from a deeper personal development perspective. Many of these goals can be perfectly worthwhile – not everything in life is meant to be "deep." However, if you are not clear about your core goals, the results of your efforts will be mediocre at best. The deeper issues in your life will remain untouched.

      We've created a simple and free NLP-based mini course to multiply your personal development effectiveness by helping you discover your deep goals. This important mini-course:

      Three Soul Stirring Questions that Reveal
      your Deepest Self-Improvement Goals
      will be yours immediately when you subscribe to the iNLP Newsletter.

      This mini-course contains:

      • PDF workbook that you can print out immediately.
      • 5 Informative audio guides to take you through the course
      • 3 Unusual questions that will reveal the raw material
      of your deepest self-development goals.

      Awareness is the key to every personal development effort…

      Addressing your core needs requires high self-awareness and this is what you will gain from our free course. Additionally, as a subscriber to the iNLP Center's newsletter, you'll receive regular personal development strategies and insights. Our newsletter is not a sales pitch, but a real personal growth tool.

      In the near future this course will only be available as part of our paid membership organization, so grab it now by entering your email address below and following the prompts.

      ***

      BabeWatch: Dania Suarez
      http://robalini.blogspot.com/2012/05/babewatch-dania-suarez.html

      The Colombian "escort" behind the Secret Service Hookergate

      For more pics from NYDailyNews.com:

      http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/secret-service-colombian-hooker-scandal-escort-explosive-scandal-article-1.1064287

      ***

      A Question of Human Rights
      Keeping the F1 Racing Series Out of Bahrain
      by Dave Zirin
      Edge of Sports
      http://bit.ly/IwCluV

      On April 22nd, the royal family of Bahrain is determined to stage its annual Formula 1 Grand Prix race. This might not sound like scintillating news, but whether the event goes off as planned is a question with major ramifications for the royal Khalifa family, as well as for the democracy movement in the Gulf kingdom. It will be viewed closely by the US state department and human rights organizations across the globe. From a renowned prisoner on a two month hunger strike to a British billionaire fascist sympathizer, the sides have been sharply drawn.

      For the Bahraini royals, staging the Formula 1 race is a chance to show the people that normalcy has returned following last year's massive pro-democracy protests. In 2011, the race was cancelled to the rage of the royals. Now, the royal family is hoping that the 60 people slaughtered by Bahraini and Saudi forces, as well as the thousands arrested and tortured can be forgotten in the roar of the engines.

      For those protesting in the name of expanded political and personal freedoms, the return of the F1 racing series as a slap in the face, given all they've suffered in the last year and continue to suffer today. Now the protest movement and human rights organizations are calling upon Bernie Ecclestone, the CEO of Formula 1 Grand Prix, to cancel the race.

      Maryam al-Khawaja, head of the foreign relations office at the Bahrain Centre for Human Rights, said:

      "The government promised changes last year but no changes have taken place because there is no incentive to make them. And tortures are still taking place. The government want the message to go out that it is business as usual. But today armored vehicles went into residential areas for the first time since last year's martial law ended in June. I have heard reports of protesters being thrown from rooftops and others having legs broken. That it is why Formula One should make a stand and call this race off."

      At a mass anti-F1 rally, Ali Mohammed commented to the AP, "We don't want Formula [1] in our country. They are killing us every day with tear gas. They have no respect for human rights or democracy. Why would we keep silent? No one will enjoy the F1 in Bahrain with cries for freedom from the inside and outside of the race."

      Then there is prominent activist, Abdulhadi al-Khawaja, who has been on hunger strike for more than 50 days. Calls for his immediate release have merged with calls for the F1 cancellation. Protesters are described as holding al-Khawaja's picture in one hand, and a "no to F1" sign in the other.

      1996 F1 champion Damon Hill, who is now a commentator for Rupert Murodch's Sky News also expressed his concern, saying, "It would be a bad state of affairs, and bad for Formula One, to be seen to be enforcing martial law in order to hold the race. That is not what this sport should be about. Looking at it today you'd have to say that [the race] could be creating more problems than it's solving."

      One might think that all of this would pose a moral and ethical quandary for 81-year old Formula 1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone. One would be wrong. The multi-billionaire Ecclestone, the 4th richest man in England, has done little more than roll his eyes. In February, when hundreds were arrested and tortured for protesting on the anniversary of the 2011 uprising, he was asked if the F1 race would be pulled, He said, "I expected there was going to be a big uprising today, with the anniversary. But I think what happened, apparently, was that here were a lot of kids having a go at the police. I don't think it's anything serious at all."

      In March, Ecclestone said of the plans for Bahrain, "It's business as usual. I don't think the people who are trying to demonstrate a little bit are going to use anything to do with F1. If they did they would be a little bit silly…The good thing about Bahrain is it seems more democratic there than most places. People are allowed to speak when they want, they can protest if they want to." There is no word as to what color the sky is in Ecclestone's world or if at the conclusion of this interview, he released the hounds.

      Not to shock anyone, but this 81 year old British billionaire has in the past expressed sympathy for Adolf Hitler, and by "past" I mean 2009. During an interview in July of that year, Ecclestone said, "Apart from the fact that Hitler got taken away and persuaded to do things that I have no idea whether he wanted to do or not, he was in the way that he could command a lot of people able to get things done…..If you have a look at a democracy it hasn't done a lot of good for many countries — including this one."

      This is an ugly twisted old brute, but say this for him: at least he commented when asked about Bahrain. That's far more that we can say for President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. As Joshua Colangelo-Bryan, a consultant to Human Rights Watch, wrote, "President Obama... loses his voice when it comes to Bahrain." This isn't just oversight or happenstance. Bahrain happily houses the U.S. Navy's Fifth Fleet, and has pledged to do so for another 50 years. It appears that this favor has bought silence and that's exactly why we need to be loud. The call has gone out form inside of Bahrain to call upon Formula 1 to cancel this race. We should do our part.

      People can email business@... and tell them their feeling. For more information on Bahrain, visit http://witnessbahrain.org

      Dave Zirin is the author of "The John Carlos Story" (Haymarket) and just made the new documentary "Not Just a Game." Receive his column every week by emailing dave@.... Contact him at edgeofsports@....

      ***

      Tommy Lee Speaks Up for Animal Adoption
      'I would highly encourage people not to buy animals from a pet store'
      Steve Baltin
      April 9, 2012
      Full Article:
      http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tommy-lee-speaks-up-for-animal-adoption-20120409

      Before heading out on the road for Mötley Crüe and Kiss' joint tour, Crüe drummer Tommy Lee is enjoying some quiet time at home with his new puppy, Bowie. "He's got these crazy gray-green eyes. I love David Bowie and it was either Bowie or Bam," Lee tells Rolling Stone. "We ended up going with Bowie just 'cause of his eyes. He looks like Bowie, dude."

      When Lee and his girlfriend Sofia decided the time was right to bring a four-legged friend into the household, they decided to adopt. "We went to a couple of different shelters and we ended up over at East Valley in Van Nuys and there he was, just sitting there with three other dogs. And we were like, 'Oh my God, we gotta get this guy a home. Who could abandon this fucking thing? This is the cutest thing on the planet. I want to kill whoever let him go,'" Lee says.

      Anyone who's ever rescued a dog can empathize with Lee's anger, which is why the drummer is speaking out on behalf of adoption. "The [shelter] is scary. It is loaded with beautiful dogs and I would highly encourage people not to buy animals from a pet store," he explains. "They're bred for all the wrong reasons, for mostly money and it's just kind of a bad scene. We ended up going [to the shelter] and I'm so glad we did."