Reporter Arrested For Asking Giuliani Tough Questions

  • Leticia Martinez
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2007
      Reporter Arrested For Asking Giuliani Tough Questions

      UPDATE: Here is video of the event in question. Matt
      Lepacek who is a reporter for Infowars.Com and a
      member of We Are Change had his Constitutional first
      amendment rights clearly violated. So much for free
      press. We are now living in the fourth reich.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOerYpJse30

      The first amendment is under serious attack following
      an incident that took place at the GOP presidential
      debates up here in New Hampshire. Matt Lepacek a
      member of the activist/alternative media group We Are
      Change was arrested for simply attempting to question
      Rudy Giuliani about different issues including the
      fact that he previously lied to the We Are Change
      group about his involvement in the events of 9/11.
      This event shows that we no longer have freedom of
      speech or freedom of press in this country.

      Even though Mr. Lapecek was unable to specifically
      question Giuliani he was able to pepper one of
      Giuliani's staff members with hard questions. Despite
      asking these questions in a respectful manner, Mr.
      Lepacek was escorted out of the building even though
      he was asking legitimate questions and had press
      credentials issued to him by the debate organizers.
      Mr. Lepacek protested his removal from the post-debate
      press area and demanded to know from police officers
      why his Constitutional rights were being violated. He
      attempted to re-enter the building and was
      subsequently arrested and charged with criminal
      trespassing for merely exercising his Constitutional
      rights. What made this even crazier was the fact that
      most of this was broadcast via a live web camera feed
      on the We Are Change web site. Hundreds of people
      witnessed Mr. Lepacek be arrested by the police
      officers even after he informed them that video of the
      events were being broadcast live on the Internet.

      It would be one thing if he intentionally created a
      disruption during the debate itself or in the
      post-debate press area but he did nothing of the sort.
      All he wanted to do was ask Giuliani and other
      candidates the tough questions that the establishment
      media is afraid and unwilling to ask. What is really
      ridiculous is that he didn't even get a chance to
      question Giuliani and yet he was still escorted out of
      the building. Do we really have a free press if
      certain members of the press are selectively escorted
      away from political figures? We clearly have a
      situation where the establishment press is a lapdog
      for the government. A free press that is a watchdog of
      the government is one of the keys in having a free and
      open society. It appears clear from Lepacek's arrest
      that we have neither a free or open society.

      Details are still sketchy on these events, but I
      witnessed a good portion of the web feed by watching
      the live video feed in the group's RV at the debate. I
      also got information from the other We Are Change
      members and everything indicates that this is an
      extremely disturbing event. His removal from the
      building was unjustified and his arrest for criminal
      trespassing was a clear violation of his
      Constitutional rights.

      Welcome to Nazi America. Judging from the early
      reports of this event, it appears as if we no longer
      have a free press in this country. We'll provide an
      update on this event tomorrow as more details come
      available.