    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2006

      CIA role claim in Kennedy killing
      New video and photographic evidence that puts three senior CIA
      operatives at the scene of Robert Kennedy's assassination has been
      brought to light.
      O'Sullivan's report
      http://news.bbc.co.uk
      Published: 2006/11/21

      The evidence was shown in a report by Shane O'Sullivan, broadcast on
      BBC Newsnight.
      It reveals that the operatives and four unidentified associates were
      at the Ambassador Hotel, Los Angeles in the moments before and after
      the shooting on 5 June, 1968.

      The CIA had no domestic jurisdiction and some of the officers were
      based in South-East Asia at the time, with no reason to be in Los
      Angeles.

      'Decoy'

      Kennedy had just won the California Democratic primary on an anti-
      War ticket and was set to challenge Nixon for the White House when
      he was shot in a kitchen pantry.

      THE CIA CONNECTION

      A 24-year-old Palestinian, Sirhan Sirhan, was arrested as the lone
      assassin and notebooks at his house seemed to incriminate him.

      However, even under hypnosis, he has never been able to remember the
      shooting and defence psychiatrists concluded he was in a trance at
      the time.

      Witnesses placed Sirhan's gun several feet in front of Kennedy but
      the autopsy showed the fatal shot came from one inch behind.

      Dr Herbert Spiegel, a world authority on hypnosis at Columbia
      University, believes Sirhan may have been hypnotically programmed to
      act as a decoy for the real assassin.

      Evidence

      The report is the result of a three-year investigation by filmmaker
      Shane O'Sullivan. He reveals new video and photographs showing three
      senior CIA operatives at the hotel.

      What were they doing there? It's our obligation as friends of Bob
      Kennedy to investigate this
      Paul Schrade

      Three of these men have been positively identified as senior
      officers who worked together in 1963 at JMWAVE, the CIA's Miami base
      for its Secret War on Castro.

      David Morales was Chief of Operations and once told friends:

      "I was in Dallas when we got the son of a bitch and I was in Los
      Angeles when we got the little bastard."

      Gordon Campbell was Chief of Maritime Operations and George
      Joannides was Chief of Psychological Warfare Operations.

      Joannides was called out of retirement in 1978 to act as the CIA
      liaison to the Congressional investigation into the JFK
      assassination. Now, we see him at the Ambassador Hotel the night a
      second Kennedy is assassinated.

      Memory

      Monday, 20 November would have been Bobby Kennedy's 81st birthday.
      In Los Angeles, his son Max has just broken ground on a new high-
      school project in memory of his father on the old Ambassador Hotel
      site.
      Paul Schrade, a key figure behind the school project, was walking
      behind Robert Kennedy that night and was shot in the head. He
      believes this new evidence merits fresh investigation:

      "It seems very strange to me that these guys would be at a Kennedy
      celebration. What were they doing there? And why were they there?
      It's our obligation as friends of Bob Kennedy to investigate this."

      Ed Lopez, a former Congressional investigator who worked with
      Joannides in 1978, says:

      "I think the key people at the CIA need to go back to anybody who
      might have been around back then, bring them in and interview them,
      and ask - is this Gordon Campbell? Is this George Joannides?"

      This report was shown on Newsnight on Monday, 20 November, 2006.

      *****

      Chavez vows to beat the "devil"
      Sun Nov 26, 2006
      By Brian Ellsworth

      CARACAS, Venezuela (Reuters) - Venezuela's leftist President Hugo
      Chavez on Sunday promised hundreds of thousands of supporters he
      would win a resounding victory in his December 3 reelection bid he
      describes as a challenge to Washington.

      The former soldier and self-styled revolutionary is favored in the
      polls to beat rival Manuel Rosales after building a solid political
      base through a social development campaign financed by oil revenues.

      Chavez supporters flooded Caracas thoroughfares waving flags and
      banners, congregating in different parts of the downtown a day after
      Rosales sympathizers held a similar march to close his campaign in
      the capital city.

      "We are confronting the devil, and we will hit a home run off the
      devil next Sunday," said Chavez, who ruffled feathers in October by
      calling President Bush the devil in remarks at the United Nations.

      "On December 3 we're going to defeat the most powerful empire on
      earth by knockout," Chavez said.

      Donning red like most of his supporters, Chavez delivered a two-hour
      speech marked by his signature combination of fiery leftist rhetoric
      and crowd antics typical of pop music concerts.

      He spent nearly ten minutes trying to see which of four groups of
      demonstrators could cheer louder -- then told them all to be quiet.

      "Whoever talks first will turn into a donkey," he thundered, only to
      break into his unmistakable giggle.

      Following his speech, Chavez drove through the packed Avenida
      Bolivar standing atop a campaign vehicle, dancing to political
      jingles and occasionally reaching into the crowd to shake hands with
      supporters.

      POLARIZED SOCIETY

      The weekend, with massive government and opposition rallies choking
      the capital's streets, reflected the country's political
      polarization.

      In the opposition stronghold of Altamira, Chavez supporters on their
      way to the march leaned out of windows waving posters of
      their "Comandante," and screamed "Viva Chavez."

      Residents in expensive sports-utility vehicles honked their horns in
      protest and shouted the opposition slogan "Dare."

      But a street cleaner and parking attendant held up their hands and
      spread their fingers, a symbol of Chavez's goal of sweeping 10
      million of Venezuela's 16 million voters.

      The demonstrations themselves were also markedly different, with
      Chavez's joking spontaneity contrasting with Rosales' emotional but
      stern and unsmiling appearance in the opposition's Saturday march.

      Rosales in August united a fractured opposition movement that failed
      to oust Chavez through a botched coup and a grueling two-month oil
      strike in 2002 and a failed recall referendum in 2004.

      Most polls give Chavez a wide lead, with one AP-Ipsos poll showing
      Chavez sweeping 59 percent of likely voters compared to only 27
      percent for Rosales, who points to opposition-linked polls that show
      the race much tighter.

      First elected in 1998, Chavez, a close ally of Cuba's Fidel Castro,
      has galvanized the nation's poor with promises of a revolution. But
      he has sparked outcries among middle class critics who call him an
      authoritarian.

      The State Department describes him as a menace to regional
      democracy, though Venezuela remains the fourth-largest exporter of
      oil to the United States.

      (Additional reporting by Saul Hudson)

      *****

      Flat-screen TVs, game consoles top holiday list
      By Duncan Martell
      Reuters
      11-27-06

      What's hot this holiday season in consumer electronics are big-
      screen televisions, new video gaming consoles, digital cameras and
      notebook PCs.

      What's not so hot this year includes DVD players and recorders,
      desktop computers, and home stereo systems and accessories, analysts
      said.

      With some 33 percent of shoppers picking up consumer electronics or
      computer-related accessories over the first weekend of the holiday
      sales season, according to the National Retail Federation, gadgets
      are a big chunk of profits for companies such as Sony Corp., Samsung
      Electronics Co. and Apple Computer Inc.

      Falling prices for big-screen TVs, including rear-projection systems
      in addition to LCD and plasma TVs should entice consumers and lower
      prices for digital cameras with higher resolution are also fueling
      appeal this holiday season, the most important cycle for the retail
      industry.

      "No. 1 are big-screen televisions," said analyst Stephen Baker of
      market research firm NPD Group. "They're not horribly complicated
      and they're not terribly expensive. You can get them now and don't
      have to wait for prices to fall."

      For example, a 32-inch LCD TV can be had for about $700, a 37-inch
      unit for about $1,000, and for a 40-inch or 42-inch LCD TV, the
      price is about $1,300, Baker said.

      In the not-so-hot department, analysts named desktop personal
      computers, as consumers gravitate to notebook PCs that are nearly as
      powerful as desktops and where prices continue to fall. They also
      pointed to DVD players and recorders, where the industry has yet to
      settle on a standard for high-definition DVDs, as another slower
      sales category.

      Even so, analysts said it would be difficult to point to one segment
      as a complete disappointment in terms of sales.

      "You've got to look really hard to find the needle in the haystack
      of products that just aren't doing well," said Roger Kay of Endpoint
      Technologies Associates.

      While some thought sales of digital cameras may moderate in 2006,
      sales have actually been strong throughout the year, Baker said, as
      cameras with more megapixels and more features are available at
      lower prices.

      Much of that camera growth is coming from people upgrading their
      digital cameras, which is boosting the number of digital cameras per
      household.

      "Another interesting trend we're seeing, which we had anticipated,
      thankfully, is customers are trading up in digital cameras," said
      Carter Cast, chief executive of Walmart.com, the online store for
      No. 1 retailer Wal-Mart Stores Inc. "They're trading up for greater
      resolution and higher zoom."

      He said Walmart.com has done very well with an Eastman Kodak Co. 6.1
      megapixel camera with a printer dock included for under $200. He
      also said they're doing well with a Canon Electronics Inc. 7
      megapixel digital Elph with a printer bundle for $288.

      Next-generation video game consoles new to the market, such as
      Sony's PS3 and the Nintendo Co. Ltd. Wii are also on the top of
      shoppers' must-have list this season. Microsoft Corp.'s XBox 360
      gaming consoles also remains very popular.

      "The XBox 360 is on everybody's list," said Kay of Endpoint
      Technologies. "And the PS3 and the Wii, of course, if you can get
      them anywhere. Those are hot."

      Another popular category this season is GPS units, which can provide
      drivers with directions, analysts and Cast said, noting that this is
      the first holiday that consumers have really zeroed in on them.

      "This is really the first holiday that people have focused on them,"
      Baker said, referring to GPS units. "Over Black Friday, you could
      find some for under $200."

      (With additional reporting by Nicole Maestri in New York)

      *****

      Dyn-O-Mite! TV Land lists catchphrases
      Mon Nov 27, 2006
      Associated Press

      Sometimes it takes only a word, or just a few, to become
      immortalized in television history. The TV Land cable network has
      compiled a list of the 100 greatest catchphrases in TV, from the
      serious — Walter Cronkite's nightly signoff "And that's the way it
      is" — to the silly: "We are two wild and crazy guys!"

      The network will air a countdown special, "The 100 Greatest TV
      Quotes & Catch Phrases," over five days starting Dec. 11.

      "We have found that television is such a huge part of baby boomers'
      DNA that it makes sense that so much of America's pop culture jargon
      has come from TV," said Larry Jones, TV Land president.

      The greatest number of moments, 26, come from the 1970s. TV Land
      identified nine moments from this decade. Ten are from commercials,
      and 28 from comedies, including six from "Saturday Night Live."

      In alphabetical order, TV Land's list:

      _"Aaay" (Fonzie, "Happy Days")

      _"And that's the way it is" (Walter Cronkite, "CBS Evening News")

      _"Ask not what your country can do for you ..." (John F. Kennedy)

      _"Baby, you're the greatest" (Jackie Gleason as Ralph Kramden, "The
      Honeymooners")

      _"Bam!" (Emeril Lagasse, "Emeril Live")

      _"Book 'em, Danno" (Steve McGarrett, "Hawaii Five-O")

      _"Come on down!" (Johnny Olson, "The Price is Right")

      _"Danger, Will Robinson" (Robot, "Lost in Space")

      _"De plane! De plane!" (Tattoo, "Fantasy Island")

      _"Denny Crane" (Denny Crane, "Boston Legal")

      _"Do you believe in miracles?" (Al Michaels, 1980 Winter Olympics)

      _"D'oh!" (Homer Simpson, "The Simpsons")

      _"Don't make me angry ..." (David Banner, "The Incredible Hulk")

      _"Dyn-o-mite" (J.J., "Good Times")

      _"Elizabeth, I'm coming!" (Fred Sanford, "Sanford and Son")

      _"Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ..." (Eddie Haskell, "Leave it to Beaver")

      _"God'll get you for that" (Maude, "Maude")

      _"Good grief" (Charlie Brown, "Peanuts" specials)

      _"Good night, and good luck" (Edward R. Murrow, "See It Now")

      _"Good night, John Boy" ("The Waltons")

      _"Have you no sense of decency?" (Joseph Welch to Sen. McCarthy)

      _"Heh heh" (Beavis and Butt-head, "Beavis and Butthead")

      _"Here it is, your moment of Zen" (Jon Stewart, "The Daily Show")

      _"Here's Johnny!" (Ed McMahon, "The Tonight Show")

      _"Hey now!" (Hank Kingsley, "The Larry Sanders Show")

      _"Hey hey hey!" (Dwayne Nelson, "What's Happening!!")

      _"Hey hey hey!" (Fat Albert, "Fat Albert")

      _"Holy (whatever), Batman!" (Robin, "Batman")

      _"Holy crap!" (Frank Barone, "Everybody Loves Raymond")

      _"Homey don't play that!" (Homey the Clown, "In Living Color")

      _"How sweet it is!" (Jackie Gleason, "The Jackie Gleason Show")

      _"How you doin'?" (Joey Tribbiani, "Friends")

      _"I can't believe I ate the whole thing" (Alka Seltzer ad)

      _"I know nothing!" (Sgt. Schultz, "Hogan's Heroes")

      _"I love it when a plan comes together" (Hannibal, "The A-Team")

      _"I want my MTV!" (MTV ad)

      _"I'm Larry, this is my brother Darryl ..." (Larry, "Newhart")

      _"I'm not a crook ..." (Richard Nixon)

      _"I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV" (Vicks Formula 44 ad)

      _"I'm Rick James, bitch!" (Dave Chappelle as Rick
      James, "Chappelle's Show")

      _"Is that your final answer?" (Regis Philbin, "Who Wants to Be a
      Millionaire")

      _"It keeps going and going and going ..." (Energizer Batteries ad)

      _"It takes a licking ..." (Timex ad)

      _"Jane, you ignorant slut" (Dan Aykroyd to Jane Curtin, "Saturday
      Night Live")

      _"Just one more thing ..." (Columbo, "Columbo")

      _"Let's be careful out there" (Sgt. Esterhaus, "Hill Street Blues")

      _"Let's get ready to rumble!" (Michael Buffer, various sports
      events)

      _"Live long and prosper" (Spock, "Star Trek")

      _"Makin' whoopie" (Bob Eubanks, "The Newlywed Game")

      _"Mom always liked you best" (Tommy Smothers, "The Smothers Brothers
      Comedy Hour")

      _"Never assume ..." (Felix Unger, "The Odd Couple")

      _"Nip it!" (Barney Fife, "The Andy Griffith Show")

      _"No soup for you!" (The Soup Nazi, "Seinfeld")

      _"Norm!" ("Cheers")

      _"Now cut that out!" (Jack Benny, "The Jack Benny Program")

      _"Oh, my God! They killed Kenny!" (Stan and Kyle, "South Park")

      _"Oh, my nose!" (Marcia Brady, "The Brady Bunch")

      _"One small step for man ..." (Neil Armstrong)

      _"Pardon me, would you have any Grey Poupon?" (Grey Poupon ad)

      _"Read my lips: No new taxes!" (George H.W. Bush)

      _"Resistance is futile" (Picard as Borg, "Star Trek: The Next
      Generation")

      _"Say good night, Gracie" (George Burns, "The Burns & Allen Show")

      _"Schwing!" (Mike Myers and Dana Carvey as Wayne and
      Garth, "Saturday Night Live")

      _"Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy" (Lloyd Bentsen to Dan Quayle)

      _"Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids" (Trix cereal ad)

      _"Smile, you're on `Candid Camera'" ("Candid Camera")

      _"Sock it to me" ("Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In")

      _"Space, the final frontier ..." (Capt. Kirk, "Star Trek")

      _"Stifle!" (Archie Bunker, "All in the Family")

      _"Suit up!" (Barney Stinson, "How I Met Your Mother")

      _"Tastes great! Less filling!" (Miller Lite beer ad)

      _"Tell me what you don't like about yourself" (Dr. McNamara and Dr.
      Troy, "Nip/Tuck")

      _"That's hot" (Paris Hilton, "The Simple Life")

      _"The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat" (Jim McKay, "ABC's
      Wide World of Sports")

      _"The tribe has spoken" (Jeff Probst, "Survivor")

      _"The truth is out there" (Fox Mulder, "The X-Files")

      _"This is the city ..." (Sgt. Joe Friday, "Dragnet")

      _"Time to make the donuts" ("Dunkin' Donuts" ad)

      _"Two thumbs up" (Siskel & Ebert, "Siskel & Ebert")

      _"Up your nose with a rubber hose" (Vinnie Barbarino, "Welcome Back,
      Kotter")

      _"We are two wild and crazy guys!" (Steve Martin and Dan Aykroyd as
      Czech playboys, "Saturday Night Live")

      _"Welcome to the O.C., bitch" (Luke, "The O.C.")

      _"Well, isn't that special?" (Dana Carvey as the Church
      Lady, "Saturday Night Live")

      _"We've got a really big show!" (Ed Sullivan, "The Ed Sullivan
      Show")

      _"Whassup?" (Budweiser ad)

      _"What you see is what you get!" (Geraldine, "The Flip Wilson Show")

      _"Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?" (Arnold Drummond, "Diff'rent
      Strokes")

      _"Where's the beef?" (Wendy's ad)

      _"Who loves you, baby?" (Kojak, "Kojak")

      _"Would you believe?" (Maxwell Smart, "Get Smart")

      _"Yabba dabba do!" (Fred Flintstone, "The Flintstones")

      _"Yada, yada, yada" ("Seinfeld")

      _"Yeah, that's the ticket" (Jon Lovitz as the pathological
      liar, "Saturday Night Live")

      _"You eeeediot!" (Ren, "Ren & Stimpy")

      _"You look mahvelous!" (Billy Crystal as Fernando, "Saturday Night
      Live")

      _"You rang?" (Lurch, "The Addams Family")

      _"You're fired!" (Donald Trump, "The Apprentice")

      _"You've got spunk ..." (Lou Grant, "The Mary Taylor Moore Show")