Should the bankruptcy abuse prevention bill be rejected

  • activist_zz
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2005
      There is a critical vote coming up in the Senate this coming Tuesday. The Republicans have moved for cloture (to head off a possible filibuster) on the proposed Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention bill. Expect for a minor rewording of the definition of "special circumstances" all proposed amendments have been blocked, including restrictions on corporate retirement fund theft and outrageous predatory lending practices.

      Please take a second to submit our easy one click form that looks up your senators (Bond and Talent) and your house member all at once. Do you think this bill is worthy and fair? Just a few words from you could make all the difference in the world.

      http://www.usalone.com/bankruptcy.htm

      Do you want our representatives in Washington to stand up for you more often? We must back them up with our vocal support if we expect them to fight for us on this or any issue. The People's Email Network encourages you to speak out and keep speaking out, regardless of your political position, until our representatives truly hear you.

      And now you can have your own custom Issue Action Center featuring any issue of interest to you for you for no charge. It's an amazingly small block of HTML code you can drop into any web page anywhere for an instant dynamic action menu effect. And we will set up a corresponding issue action page on The People's Email Network for you too. Pursue your own policy initiative! See the code in action at

      http://www.usalone.com/action_center.html

      Please forward this message and post these links everywhere you can to everyone you know.