Consciousness and Media - A Conference for Action

  • STRIDER
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2004
      Thu, 12 Feb 2004
      Peter Phillips <peter.phillips@...>

      Consciousness and Media
      Who's Paying Attention?
      A Conference for Action

      La Casa de Maria, Santa Barbara, CA. May 28-30, 2004

      Sponsored by the Institute of Noetic Sciences
      with La Casa de Maria

      How media shape our minds. How we can shape the media.
      Isn't it time the mass media paid attention to what really matters in
      people's lives? Time we paid attention to how we respond to news and
      entertainment?
      Join us for this rare gathering of media professionals and
      consciousness scholars to explore the impact of mass media on the
      quality and content of our consciousness; to dialogue on how
      contemporary media report, reflect, or ignore trends or issues in
      consciousness; and to identify positive and inspiring alternatives to
      the dominance of "bad news."
      Shift the media's focus. This conference is a call for a new form of
      "embedded journalism"-where wisdom, integrity, compassion,
      creativity, and inspiration are embedded in the daily and weekly fare
      served up to us by print and broadcast media.
      It is time to use the media as a force for good in our lives-to
      enhance human capacities essential for surviving through the 21st
      century.
      Participate. This is an action-oriented event where professionals and
      public will meet to exchange ideas and insights, and develop action
      plans-aimed at transforming the media.

      Registration: . Web: www.lacasademaria.org Email: registerl@...
      Please contact: Nancy Ferracci at La Casa de Maria. Tel: 805-565 9062
      Program information: www.noetic.org

      Isn't it time we paid attention to how the media shape our attention?

      Register Early
      Please register early ($50 non-member discount to March 31) by
      visiting La Casa de Maria's website, or by mail, fax or phone.
      Special $75 discount for IONS' members and students.
      * Mail the registration form to: La Casa de Maria Retreat & Conference Center,
      801 Ladera Lane, Santa Barbara, CA 93108
      * Pay by credit card by faxing this form with credit card information
      to 805-565-0192; by visiting our website at www.lacasademaria. org.
      For further information, call Nancy Ferracci at (805) 565-9062 or
      e-mail her registerl@...

      cut here and mail form - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      REGISTRATION FORM: Consciousness and Media conference, May 28-30, 2004

      Name _________________________________________________________ Phone
      _____________

      Street Address ________________________________ City ________________
      State _______

      Zip __________ E-Mail _______________________Special Diet? Please
      check: _ Vegetarian; _ Vegan

      Payment by Mail:
      Make Check Payable To: La Casa de Maria - Full Payment due by May 21, 2004
      Mail This Form To: La Casa de Maria, 801 Ladera Lane, Santa
      Barbara, CA 93108

      Payment by: _ Visa or _ MC
      Card # _________________________________________________
      Expiration Date __________

      Signature

      --------------------------------
      Project Censored
      http://www.projectcensored.org/
      --------------------------------

      Peace!

      *STRIDER* Sector Air Raid Warden at /RENEGADE/

      http://fornits.com/renegade/
      DEDICATED TO SPIRIT, TRUTH, PEACE, JUSTICE, AND FREEDOM

      Articles posted in the last 10 days:
      http://fornits.com/renegade/peaars.cgi?search==Search&increment=Úys&many=

      Bay_Area_Activist list
      Membership is by invitation only. Contact
      bay_area_activist-owner@yahoogroups.com - <mailto:
      bay_area_activist-owner@yahoogroups.com> to request membership.

      EF! list -
      earthfirstalert - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/earthfirstalert

      usenet: news:misc.activism.progressive
      e-mail: mailto:strider@...
      strider@...

      No War !!! No Nukes !!! Impeach !!!

      WHEN SPIDERS UNITE, THEY CAN TIE DOWN A LION -- Ethiopian Proverb