Biotech Baking Brigade Pies Bayer Biotechnician

  • STRIDER
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2004
      Tue, 27 Jan 2004
      Biotic Baking Brigade
      bbb@...
      Biotech Baking Brigade Pies Bayer Biotechnician

      On 21st January Paul Rylott - top GM scientist at Bayer Cropscience
      delivered a stirring speech on how to manage consumer response to
      biotechnology, at a conference on Managing and Predicting Crisis in
      the Food Industry. As he took his place in the queue for his buffet
      dinner a polite call of "Mr Rylott?" brought him face to face with a
      chocolate fudge cake (skipped and stale) covered with the sweaty
      rotting whipped cream and the shout "That's for GM!" before the
      assaulting party fled.

      Some leaflets were given out to the surprised and immobilized crowd
      and all those protesting left before the cops arrived.

      This is part of a national UK campaign against Bayer and against GM
      commercialization. Actions taken place have included junk mailing,
      sabotage including lock glueing, spraypainting, window breaking, golf
      courses destroyed , office occupations, noise demonstrations and
      trespasses.

      The biotech baking brigade stated: "GM Technology is the latest
      onslaught of a bland and tedious industrial technological society
      against the planet. We are against monoculture and for biodiversity,
      against the domestication of people and land, and for the wild. There
      is no neutral ground: everyone is called upon to choose their side.
      Whenever They strike - be they government, corporations or greenwash
      quangos - we will strike back. They have declared war on us and our
      planet: we will answer it."

      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

      "O, pardon me, thou bleeding piece of earth,
      That I am meek and gentle with these butchersŠ.
      Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the pies of war."

      -William Shakespeare
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      The Biotic Baking Brigade.....coming soon to a pie-o-region near you.

      Look for "Pie Any Means Necessary: The BBB Cookbook," to be published by
      AK Press <akpress.org > in April 2004.

      PLEASE NOTE: the BBB has a new email address and website...

      bbb@... www.bioticbakingbrigade.org

      Friends of the BBB: c/o POB 40130, San Francisco, CA 94140, Amerika

      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

      Search /RENEGADE/ for articles on pie action -
      http://fornits.com/renegade/peaars.cgi?PIEDOM

      /RENEGADE/ Search - GO TO: http://fornits.com/renegade/peaars.cgi?
      and just type in your topic. For differing results you may uncheck
      "article" and search on just "subject," etc. /RENEGADE/ also has
      "time-frame" in the search, so you can tailor your results that way, too.

      -----

      No War !!! No Nukes !!! Impeach !!!
      http://fornits.com/renegade/peaars.cgi?keywords==impeach

      Peace!

      *STRIDER* Sector Air Raid Warden at /RENEGADE/

      http://fornits.com/renegade/
      DEDICATED TO SPIRIT, TRUTH, PEACE, JUSTICE, AND FREEDOM

      Articles posted in the last 10 days:
      http://fornits.com/renegade/peaars.cgi?search==Search&increment=Úys&many=

      usenet: news:misc.activism.progressive
      e-mail: mailto:strider@...
      strider@...

      WHEN SPIDERS UNITE, THEY CAN TIE DOWN A LION -- Ethiopian Proverb