Connecting the Dots, the Padillas, and the Bisharas

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2002

      http://www.steamshovelpress.com

      THE LATEST WORD

      Connecting the Dots, the Padillas, and the Bisharas
      by Loren Coleman

      On June 6, 2002, Congress began holding hearings on what
      alleged mistakes the Federal Bureau of Investigation might have made
      in preventing the 9/11 tragedies. The press had a field day, turning
      over and over its fifth estate examination of who or what agency
      could be responsible for the awful assault against America. Setting
      culpability is one of the psychological states that an individual or
      a country has to go through after a trauma is experienced.

      The Dots

      We were not surprised to soon see that Senator Arlen "Magic
      Bullet" Specter would be the one getting the first sound bite on the
      evening news. Feathers ruffled, speaking to the nation's cameras and
      to FBI director Robert Mueller, Specter was broadcast saying: "It
      wasn't just a matter of connecting the dots, there was a virtual
      blueprint."

      "People talk a great deal about connecting the dots," said Rep.
      Nancy Pelosi of California, ranking Democrat on the House committee.
      She felt the intelligence agencies "didn't even see the dots, they
      didn't understand the salience of the dots." Of course, we must ask,
      does anyone in the mainstream media or government really "get it" at
      all?

      The question must be asked, why isn¹t anyone in the national
      media talking about the seemingly subtle coincidences turning up in
      their wall-to-wall public analysis of terrorism in America?

      Americans have short-term memories. We can be excused. We¹re
      young. Our country lacks a legacy of understanding the complex
      relationships of political intrigue and religious warfare, which
      might assist us in these times. Is it any wonder that Europeans
      laughed at us in the 1960s, when John F. Kennedy was killed, as
      conspiracy theories were quieted? They took it for granted that the
      assassination involved more than one person. The establishment press
      did not.

      So, here we are, post-9/11, in the midst of al Qaeda's holy
      war, allowing the mass media to play their same old games again, with
      a new twist. It certainly is amusing to see the attack dogs of the
      mainstream media, at least for a few days, critiquing the
      intelligence services for "not connecting the dots." But wait a
      second, hasn't it been these same news reporters who proudly asserted
      for years that its special brand of investigative journalism figured
      out the deeper truths of the John F. Kennedy and Robert F. Kennedy
      assassinations, and, even, of the Oklahoma City bombing? While all of
      these events might involve groups of people, the underlying theme
      was, according to these same journalists, that lone nuts were at the
      foundation of such things.

      When in America will we understand that to employ the
      word "conspiracy" in context is not a sin, but actually might be a
      survival technique we need to learn? It might actually be of benefit
      if the general public did not whole-heartedly take everything in from
      the media without a bit more critical thinking along lines of
      analysis that may be seen as too alternative, in former years.

      The Padillas

      Let us examine a couple of recent examples for what we were
      told, and for what might lie beneath.

      The Defense and Justice Departments picked June 11th to
      announce that on May 8, 2002, in Chicago, the FBI arrested an al
      Qaeda terror suspect as he stepped off a plane to begin what was
      reportedly a scouting mission that would end with the detonating of a
      dirty bomb, an explosive that would scatter radiation. The man known
      as Abdullah al Muhajir was born Jose Padilla, in Brooklyn of Puerto
      Rican heritage, thirty-one years ago. "Pucho," as his Logan Square
      neighbors called him, because of his chubby cheeks, moved to Chicago
      at age 5. By the time he was a teen, he allegedly told police he was
      a member of the Latin Disciples street gang. When he was arrested, he
      often would use aliases, at least seven of them, including Jose
      Alicea, Jose Ortiz and Jose Rivera, and provide police with different
      dates of birth. Padilla graduated from street crime on the West Side
      of Chicago to more violent incidents in Florida, leading to some
      juvenile jail time where he converted to Islam and chang ed his name.
      From there, the journey has been as well publicized as the
      information allows. In 1997 Padilla's mother, who had moved to
      Florida, called friends in Chicago to say that her son had married a
      Muslim woman and "went over there, to the Middle East, I don't know
      where," although reportedly, she gave out a Cairo, Egypt address to
      one person. Padilla's mother also said her son had joined a cult.
      Later, Abdullah al Muhajir left for training in al Qaeda's operations
      in Pakistan, came back through Zurich, and tried to get back in the
      USA at O¹Hare. "Pucho," who still has "Jose" tattooed on his right
      arm, waits his faith in a Navy brig in South Carolina.

      What are we talking about here, an American patsy for a network
      of individuals out to use bombs and assassinations to disrupt and
      defeat? Have we heard of anything like such a crazy thing as this
      before?

      Padilla? Where have we heard that name? We are not talking
      about racial or ethnic profiling here, but of thoughtful stream of
      consciousness associations, which may lead us to some underlying
      themes. Let's see, Padilla, Padilla? Oh yes. It happens to be a last
      name we heard during the Oklahoma City bombing investigations, one
      Lana Padilla. She is the ex-wife of Terry Nichols, convicted of being
      involved in the Murrah Federal Building bombing of April 19, 1995.
      That two Padillas are in some way tied up in plots to bomb American
      buildings, of course, is just a coincidence, right? It is merely a
      coincidence, nothing more, correct? Indeed, it would be intellectual
      foolishness to assume that the two Padillas are even closely related.
      But what it does provide is a process of stimulating logical and
      creative pathways to explore possibilities that lie outside the box,
      perhaps allowing for some insights into real-time terrorist
      conspiracies.

      Just for the heck of it, let's see where the leap from Jose to
      Lana leads us.

      After the Oklahoma City bombing, Lana Padilla, lately of Las
      Vegas but with relatives and links to Michigan, became an important
      government witness in the case against Terry Nichols. In 1997,
      Padilla testified during Nichols¹ trial of the mysterious letter and
      several items in a sealed brown paper bag that Nichols left with her,
      the mother of his son, when he departed for the Philippines, November
      22, 1994. She was only to open the bag if Nichols did not return to
      the United States by January 25, 1995. Due to scary things Nichols
      said at the airport about never coming back, Padilla decided the next
      day to open the package, and a second envelope marked for Jennifer
      McVeigh, the sister of Timothy McVeigh. What she found in the
      packages included instructions on how to find $20,000 in $100 bills,
      a life insurance policy, some keys, emergency numbers, and a list of
      precious metals (gold, silver and jade that were apparently taken in
      a robbery to finance the bombing, according to prosecutors). In the
      envelope addressed to Jennifer McVeigh, Padilla found a second letter
      addressed to Tim, instructing him to clear out two storage sheds that
      the government said contained ingredients for the bomb.

      But what was Nichols doing in the Philippines? Jim Keith, in
      his oft-overlooked book, OKBomb! Conspiracy and Cover-up (IllumiNet,
      1996), discusses the suspicions that Terry Nichols "was used as a go-
      between in the Oklahoma City bombing plot by the Abu Sayyaf,
      implicated in the World Trade Center bombing, which took place on
      February 26, 1993." Of course, the similarities to the 1995 Oklahoma
      City bombing and the 1993 World Trade Center bombing are striking, as
      to even involve the rental of Ryder trucks. Abu Sayyaf is the group
      that kidnapped the Burnhams, of course, and are said to be part of
      the worldwide al Qaeda network. Could the late Jim Keith be right?
      Why has the mainstream media ignored the clues in Keith's book? Is it
      because Keith was a conspiracy author and "conspiracy," the word, the
      thought, the idea is still a taboo subject, on many levels, to the
      mainstream media? But Keith's thoughts now stimulate good questions
      in 2002.

      Doesn't Terry Nichols sound, in many ways, like Jose
      Padilla/Abdullah al Muhajir, an American doing the advance work of al
      Qaeda, on the home front? What was Nichols doing in the Philippines?
      Why did Nichols take twenty lengthy trips to the Philippines? New
      York City's 1993 WTC bombing certainly had a Philippines connection,
      the Pakistani Ramzi Ahmed Yousef. Yousef, the alleged mastermind
      behind the first WTC bombing, who is quoted as saying after the
      failed 1993 attempt that they would do it right the second time, was
      also the brains behind the elaborate Bonjinka, translated as "the
      explosion." This was a plot to place bombs on 11 American jetliners
      and have them all explode on the same day, over the Pacific Ocean.
      Yousef carried out a test run for Bonjinka by having a bomb detonate
      on Philippines Airlines Flight 434, on December 11, 1994. One tourist
      was killed, ten injured. Yousef called the Associated Press after
      this bombing, to give credit to Abu Sayyaf. Looking at it, there sure
      are an awful lot of 11s in Bonjinka.

      "Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is
      enemy action." Old soldier¹s adage.

      Bisharas

      As a second example to peruse, let's look at the seemingly
      simple act of a copycat suicide victim, Charles Bishop. On January 6,
      2002, Bishop, a 15-year-old youth crashed the Cessna plane he had
      stolen earlier in the day, into Tampa, Florida's 42 story Bank of
      America building, clearly modeling his action on the September 11th
      terrorists' suicide plane crashes. Bishop left a suicide note behind,
      which most of the media merely mentioned as admiring Osama bin Laden.
      On February 6, Tampa authorities released actual copies of the note.
      Here is the transcription of what Bishop wrote:

      I have prepared this statement in regards to the acts I am
      about to commit. First of all, Osama bin Laden is absolutely
      justified in the terror he has caused on 9-11. He has brought a
      mighty nation to its knees! God blesses him and the others who helped
      make September 11th happen. The U.S. will have to face the
      consequences for its horrific actions against the Palestinian people
      and Iraqis by its allegiance with the monstrous Israelis--who want
      nothing short of world domination!

      You will pay--God help you--and I will make you pay!

      There will be more coming!

      Al Qaeda and other organizations have met with me several times
      to discuss the option of me joining. I didn't.

      This is an operation done by me only. I had no other help,
      although, I am acting on their behalf.

      Osama bin Laden is planning on blowing up the Super Bowl with
      an antiquated nuclear bomb left over from the 1967 Israeli-Syrian
      war.

      Don't look in Time or Newsweek for this; it¹s not there. You
      will only find the likes of the actual note at such sites as The
      Smoking Gun:

      So, is this the rages of an acne-cream poisoned boy (as his
      mother is now suing the company that produced the medicines her son
      was taking) or something deeper?

      The name, the name. Start there. A few newspapers quickly
      mentioned, and darted away from the fact that Charles
      Bishop's "family name" is Bishara. Apparently his mother did not like
      the Arab-sounding name during the Gulf War, and changed it to Bishop.
      It turns out the teenager's father is Charles J. Bishara, half-
      Sicilian, half-Syrian, who is described as a low-level crime figure
      in the Boston area, with a penthouse condominium at the new Ritz-
      Carlton Golf Resort in Naples, Florida. The elder Bishara traces his
      roots back to the Arab Christian clans of Lebanon.

      Bishara, Bishara? Where have we heard that name before? Oh yes,
      Sirhan Bishara Sirhan. This has been going on for a long time. Sirhan
      Sirhan, of course, is the convicted assassin of Robert F. Kennedy. On
      June 5, 1968, Sirhan, who is generally described in quick history
      datelines as a "Jordanian Arab", shot RFK in the Hotel Ambassador in
      Los Angeles. RFK died the following day, but the day he was shot was
      the first anniversary of the date that The Six Day War between Israel
      and Egypt began in 1967. A "Jordanian," humm? Let¹s see. Yes, Sirhan
      Bishara Sirhan was born March 19, 1944, in Jerusalem, Palestine, the
      fifth son of Bishara and Mary (Muzher). The family practiced
      Jordanian Christianity, but belonged to the Arab-based society in the
      divided region. When Sirhan was 12, in 1956, his family obtained U.S.
      visas as Palestinian refugees, and they moved first briefly to New
      York City, and then to California.

      Much has been written, if you look in the right places, of
      the "Manchurian Candidate" sense that some investigators see in
      Sirhan Bishara Sirhan's actions before and during the RFK
      assassination. Are we seeing more Manchurian Candidates in Charles
      Bishara Bishop, Jose Padilla, shoe-bomber Robert Reid, and others
      that are flashes on the television screen? Or like Frank Eugene
      Corder who is credited with crashing his Cessna into the White House
      at 2300 hrs on September 11 1994? Interesting choice of a date. See
      Joe Vialls's discussion of this forgotten September 11th event, at:
      Roboplanes.

      Take that other recent copycat plane suicide on April 18, 2002,
      as another example. On that day, a man apparently acting deliberately
      flew at top speed into Milan's tallest skyscraper, hitting the 25th
      and 26th floors of the 30-story Pirelli Tower, a government building.
      (It probably is just a coincidence that Charles Bishara Bishop's
      plane hit almost at the same height, the 28th and 29th floors of the
      42 story BoA building.) Italian Transport Minister Pietro Lunardi and
      Roberto Formigoni, the president of the region of Lombardy, both said
      they were convinced that Luigi Fasulo, the pilot of his powerful
      Rockwell Commander 112TC, had purposely committed suicide, and it was
      not an accident. While one official would later rule that this was
      not another copycat airplane-tower suicide, Fasulo's son and others
      still felt it was a suicidal act. Milan has been spoken of as the
      seat of al Qaeda connections in Italy.

      Looking Outside the Box

      Who should be connecting the dots? Should it be alternative
      websites and conspiracy authors or the mainstream media and
      intelligence services? We speculate that it is about time that
      everyone engages in this sport because the narrow-minded approach is
      missing too many of the dots, let along not connecting them. Explore
      the questions that seemed too radical to even believe a mere year
      ago. What is happening with Americans made into soldiers of a holy
      war named Padilla and Bishara? How many other prison converts like
      Chicago gang-member Jose Padilla turned al-Qaeda terrorist or militia
      patsies have links to such diverse incidents as the Oklahoma City
      bombing? Why isn't there more talk about Terry Nichols' Filipino
      trips, allegedly to visit the al-Qaeda linked kidnapping group that
      got caught in the crossfire ending in Martin Burnham's death? What is
      the affection for so many 11s by Ramzi Ahmed Yousef? And what about
      teenager Charles Bishop who left a note of praise for Osma n bin
      Laden, and crashed a stolen plane into Tampa's 42 story Bank of
      America building? Why such neglect in discussing the fact Bishop's
      real name was Bishara, which just happens to be the middle name of
      Sirhan Bishara Sirhan, America's first Palestinian Manchurian
      candidate assassin?

      If ever there was a time to think outside the box, it's now.

      ©Loren Coleman 2002

      ----------------------------------

      Loren Coleman, who teaches at the University of Southern Maine, is a
      well-known investigator and author. His recent books include a
      biography, Tom Slick: True Life Encounters in Cryptozoology (Fresno,
      California: Linden, 2002), detailing, among other things, the famed
      Texan¹s cryptozoo-CIA links.

      A tour of the inexplicable, Mothman and Other Curious Encounters (NY:
      Paraview, 2002), looking at the reality behind the recent Mothman
      motion picture and documentary.

      Coleman¹s third book of 2002, The Copycat Effect, is due out before
      year¹s end, from Paraview Press.

      He can be contacted at Dots@...

      * Credit for a bit of intellectual stimulation which I turned into
      this piece must go to writer Patrick Huyghe, who carried on an
      exchange with me about "dots" during June 2002. When I told Patrick I
      was thinking about writing some of my ideas down, he warned
      me: "Holy, moly. You're about to become a conspiracy writer..." So be
      it. - Loren

      Footnote [linked to the name Sirhan Bishara Sirhan]
      *Just how important is Sirhan Bishara Sirhan in the scheme of things
      happening in the Middle East linked to Yassar Arafat?

      Joseph Farah, editor of WorldNetDaily.com and author of This Land Is
      Our Land (NY: St. Martin's Press, 1996), has noted that Sirhan
      Bishara Sirhan has been at the head of lists of "political prisoners"
      whom Yasser Arafat wishes to get released. The "Nahr al-Bard"
      incident serves as a good illustration.

      Farah writes: "Perhaps the most heinous crime against Americans and
      America perpetrated by Arafat personally was the kidnapping and
      machine-gun murder of two U.S. diplomats and a Belgian diplomat in
      1973. As I reported last year, and as others have confirmed more
      recently, on March 2, 1973, Yasser Arafat ordered the cold-blooded,
      machine-gun murders of U.S. Ambassador Cleo Noel and Charges
      d'affaires George Curtis in Khartoum, Sudan.

      This is no longer a matter of speculation. James J. Welsh, a former
      National Security Agency operative on Cyprus at the time, was the
      recipient of communication intercepts between Arafat and his Al-Fatah
      guerrilla leaders. Eight members of Arafat's Black September
      organization raided a reception at the Saudi Arabian embassy in
      Khartoum Feb. 27, 1973, rounded up a group of diplomats and held them
      hostage for days. The kidnappers, operating on the direct orders of
      Arafat, says Welsh, demanded the release of Sirhan Bishara Sirhan,
      the convicted assassin of Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, as well as other
      Arabs in jails throughout Europe and Israel. President Nixon refused
      to negotiate. Arafat's deputy, Abu Iyad, transmitted a message to the
      terrorists containing the codeword 'Nahr al-Bard' Cold River. That,
      says Welsh, was the signal to kill the Western diplomats, including a
      Belgian, Guy Eid."

      Tapes exist showing that Arafat called back later during this 1973
      hostage situation to make certain that the Black September group
      understood what he meant by "Nahr al-Bard." The gunmen replied the
      killings had already taken place but the media had not broadcast word
      of this on CNN, yet, for Arafat to know.

      The origins of Black September began with Arafat's clashes with
      Jordan due to hijacked planes. On September 6-12, 1970, four TWA,
      Swissair and BOAC planes were hijacked (the El Al one failed),
      destroyed, and this was directly tied to Palestine civil uprisings
      and the resulting suppression that was to be called Jordan's "Black
      September." We must note that on September 11, 1972, the Munich
      Summer Olympics ended. Of course, it was at this Olympics that
      the "Black September" terrorists killed 11 Israeli athletes, on the
      5th. This has been going on for a long time.

      If you are interested in a free subscription to The
      Konformist Newswire, please visit:

      Or, e-mail konformist-subscribe@egroups.com with the
      subject: "I NEED 2 KONFORM!!!"

      (Okay, you can use something else, but it's a kool
      catch phrase.)