THE CHEMTRAIL CONSPIRACY

  • robalini@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15 10:06 AM

      THE CHEMTRAIL CONSPIRACY
      by Jim Redden
      pdxs@...

      Denise Gordon watches the sky.

      Denise is an esthetician, a skin care therapist who gives facials and other
      skin treatments to clients throughout the Portland, Oregon metropolitian
      area. She spends a lot of time behind the wheel of her car, driving from
      appointment to appointment. Three summers ago, Denise saw four airplanes
      laying down a grid pattern of contrails in the bright, clear sky. As the
      day went on, she noticed that the contrials stayed in the air and spread
      out, eventually covering much of the sky with a thin, brownish haze. When
      she looked at the sun, it appeared to be surrounded by a colorful corona.

      "The sun looked like it was shining through an oil slick, or a sick
      rainbow," she remembers.

      The same thing happened a few days later. And then a few days after that.
      Denise didn't think much about it, though, until she was returning from an
      appointment late one night and happened to be listening to "Sightings," a
      UFO-oriented talk show on KTOK AM (1080) hosted by Jeff Rense, a former
      investigative reporter. The guest that night was a man named Will Thomas.
      Denise was shocked when Thomas started describing the exact same thing
      she'd been seeing in the sky. Thomas called the grid-pattern lines
      "chemtrails," and he claimed they were a top secret government experiment
      to vaccinate the American people against anthrax and other biological
      weapons.

      Then Thomas shocked Denise again. He said the chemtrails were making people
      across the country sick with flu-like symptoms that lasted for weeks or
      months. Although Denise had not been sick herself, many of her clients were
      complaining about the exact same symptoms which Thomas was describing.

      "Most of them were saying things like, 'I just can't shake this cold' or
      'My allergies are getting worse,'" she says. "And a lot of them were
      telling me all their friends were sick, too."

      Denise has tried talking to her clients about the chemtrails, but they all
      look at her like she's nuts. "They think I've just been listening to too
      much wacko radio," she says.

      But in fact, chemtrails have become an international controversy since
      Denise first noticed the strange lines in the sky three summers ago. Dozens
      of Internet websites about the issue have been launched, most featuring
      photos from all over the world showing the same strange patterns in the
      sky. Many of the sites carry reports by self-proclaimed "chemtrail experts"
      offering different (and frequently conflicting) explanations for their
      origins. Some, like Thomas, believe they carry some form of vaccine. Others
      say the spraying is a New World Order plot to intentionally make people too
      sick to fight the coming One World Government. Still others say the thin
      haze is designed to fight global warming by blocking some of the sun's rays
      on hot days. Whatever the case, people all over the globe are flooding
      these sites with first-hand reports of their own personal experiences.

      And some of the most dedicated sky watchers live in the Portland. Dozens of
      them e-mailed Rense on June 4, complaining that the metropolitan area was
      being choked by chemtrails. All the reports said essentially the same thing
      - the day started out clear and sunny, but ended up hazy and overcast after
      several planes laid down a steady stream of chemtrails throughout the
      morning.

      "I want to report MASSIVE contrail spraying in Portland OR," wrote Derek R.
      Sims. "It looked like a huge spine with all the nerve endings shooting out,
      up and down the trail. I have been sneezing uncontrollably, [but] I have no
      allergies, and am not sick."

      "The city of Portland is completely blanketed with the chemclouds - it is
      solid," wrote a woman who only identified herself as Deborah. "When I got
      home there were three new trails above my house. I'm telling you Jeff, we
      are socked in with chemclouds."

      "FYI and listeners, chemtrails are back," wrote Cindy Carpenter. "I came
      down with the worst headache I have had in years, and still have it."

      "I, too, live in the Portland area and saw all of this going on, wrote Eric
      Lynchedl. "I mentioned to my wife that by noon we would not be able to see
      the blue sky. As sure as can be, the sky was covered with a layer of thin,
      white spray. We also noticed a rainbow-like ring around the sun."

      But not everyone is content to merely gripe. Portlander Sardar Khalsa
      contributes to the Sierra Times, an on-line environmental magazine. He's
      working on a story about the spraying to run in the near future.

      "People had been telling me about these chemtrails, but I didn't believe
      they existed until I saw them for myself about six months ago," he says.
      "They are definately not normal contrails. They don't come out of the
      engines or off the wing tips, but are being sprayed from under the planes."

      Khalsa's research has convinced him the spraying is being done by U.S. Air
      Force planes. Although the military denies anything is going on, he says
      he's figured out where the planes are coming from.

      "The West Coast has been divided into northen and southern regions," Khala
      says. "The north includes Portland, and the planes either come from McCord
      Air Force base near Seattle or the base in Klamath Falls. Edwards Air Force
      base in California provides the planes for the southern region."

      Khalsa doesn't claim to know what the planes are spraying, though. He's
      heard from people who say that it sometimes "snows cobwebs" after the
      planes fly overhead. He's read that pesticides and even human blood cells
      have been detected in the material. But he hasn't come to any conclusions
      yet.

      "I can't tell you what it is, and I can't tell you why it is," Khalsa says.
      "But I can tell you I've seen many days which start out clear and end up
      looking like Los Angeles in the haze."

      Khalsa and several of the other sky watchers say they've called the local
      news reporters and begged them to do stories on the chemtrails, to no
      avail.

      "I've left messages when the spraying's going on, and nobody's even called
      me back," he says.

      But KGW-TV weatherman Jack Coppell actually acknowledged the sky looked
      unusual on June 4. "Many people having been calling us and asking us about
      this," he said as the station broadcast a picture of that day's solar
      corona. "This phenomenon is known as a Solar Halo, and is normally caused
      by ice crystals provided by high cirrus clouds. Since there are no high
      cirrus clouds, this is highly unusual."

      The lack of corporate news coverage has many sky watchers convinced the
      government is censoring all news on the chemtrails.

      "Like millions of other Americans, all I can do is keep my fingers crossed
      that our government's intent behind this is not entirely malicious,"
      Michael Goodspeed wrote in a June 4 e-mail to the Sightings website.

      "I just never dreamed ole Uncle Sam and all her boys in D.C. could do this
      to us. See how life just doesn't mean anything anymore," wrote Cindy
      Carpenter.

      Paul Gilmour agrees. A local computer consultant, he hasn't made up his
      mind whether the chemtrails are an attempt to vaccinate the population,
      control the weather or fight global warming. But he says that something has
      to be done about the chemtrails, or he's leaving.

      "I'll tell you this - I've got a two-year-old son and if this doesn't stop,
      I'm going to move," says Gilmour. "He's already getting respiratory
      problems."

      The only trouble is, Gilmour doesn't know where to go. He doesn't know
      where they're not spraying.