1944Chamish 05-01-01

    May 1, 2001

      Sun, 29 Apr 2001 9:59:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time
      Barry Chamish <chamish@...>

      APOLOGIZE FOR REPRESSION?
      by Barry Chamish

      I received a letter from my friend Joel Bainerman today. He just
      had a
      phone conversation with our mutual friend Gemma Blech, an activist
      for
      Women In Green, who informed him that the Israeli Right was angry at
      me for
      my stance on Margalit Har Shefi, who is serving a nine month prison
      term
      for "not preventing the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin." He, better
      than
      anyone, should know that I do not serve the Right, I serve the Truth.
      You see, the Women in Green are campaigning to have her released
      and
      they think I am opposing them. Nothing could be further from the
      truth. I
      want to see her free but I know unless she and her family start
      telling
      what they know about the Shabak and its provocateur Avishai Raviv,
      she will
      not be released no matter how many pleas for mercy are sent the
      Israeli
      President. Look how well that strategy worked with Jonathan Pollard.
      His
      people are also too frightened or lazy to hire a professional and
      find out
      why he is REALLY sitting in prison for life.
      No, Pollard did not work alone. No middle level Navy
      Intelligence
      employee could have possibly sifted through the billions of files in
      the
      Navy Intelligence archives to fish out the data that Israel needed.
      He
      had high-level guidance and he is sitting while someone else,
      someone high
      up, is being protected. And those supposedly fighting for Pollard
      refuse to
      go looking. Pollard will not be released out of pity; it's war out
      there
      and his advocates had better, finally, start looking for some
      ammunition.
      No different with Har Shefi. Her uncle, Benny Elon was the first
      public figure to finger Raviv as a Shabak plant. He knew him, he was
      apparently tricked into working with him, I have witnesses to this
      fact,
      and he's keeping his mouth shut while his niece wallows in prison.
      Am I supposed to admire that? Joel should know better.
      Because you see, two days ago Joel and I took our kids on a
      camping
      trip. When he got home, he found that his house had been broken into
      and
      trashed. The only thing stolen was his computer. He knows the robbery
      was
      an intelligence-gathering operation and surmises it resulted from his
      having financed the Hebrew translation of my book The Last Days Of
      Israel.
      Funny, we did a lot of talking about intelligence gathering
      operations
      during the camping trip because of an incident that happened to me
      the day
      we left.
      Our upstairs neighbors suddenly abandoned their new home and
      took a
      five month trip abroad. I was sitting on the patio with my kids when
      we
      heard the blinds open above us. My son was shocked, "No one's
      supposed to
      be living there, so why did the blinds open?" he asked.
      I have two phone lines; one downstairs for the computer, two
      upstairs
      for the home. The next day, one of the upstairs phones stopped
      ringing, yet
      you could dial out. We called the phone company, and an hour before I
      left
      for the camping excursion, a technician came over to repair the
      problem. He
      discovered that the upstairs phone now shared the line with the
      computer
      phone downstairs.
      He explained, "Phones don't switch lines by themselves. The only
      way
      that this could have happened is if someone tapped your phones and
      mixed
      the lines up afterward. To do that, he'd have to have a key to your
      building." Our efficient Shabak leaves its mark again.
      If Margalit Har Shefi thinks she is the only victim of
      repression in
      Israel, she'd better think again. The newspaper Makor Rishon this
      week
      reported the police investigation of Tzahi Zweig, the brave post-
      graduate
      archaeology student, who did far more to expose the PLO's illegal
      digging
      under the Temple Mount than our government. He is now being
      investigated on
      trumped up charges of stealing artifacts. Then here is the gutsy
      investigative journalist Dell Griffin, arrested and handed
      deportation
      orders for reasons he isn't sure of yet. The guesses being sent to me
      range
      from his advocacy of a less than popular theological position to his
      past
      personal acquaintanceship with Avishai Raviv.
      Zweig's crime was exposing the PLO, Griffin's is not understood
      yet.
      However, what is indisputable is that he is a reputable writer, a
      former
      reporter for the Jerusalem Post and he is being deported from his
      home. But
      he is fighting back. He is seeking out the facts. He is talking,
      writing,
      informing. So why isn't Margalit Har Shefi? Why is her only defense
      that
      she didn't take Yigal Amir seriously? The implication is that Amir
      was the
      murderer, which he was not. Her stance is undermining all the years
      of hard
      work of those, alright including me, who labored to expose the truth.
      She
      is hurting me by her silence, she is perpetuating the lie that the
      religious Right murdered Rabin but most of all, she is destroying her
      own
      life.
      And I'm supposed to thank her for that? Talk, and I'll support
      her
      with all I have to give. Otherwise, don't expect anything from me
      with what
      I have to go through.
      Fine, I'm not in prison...yet. The authorities won't dare the
      hand me
      a public forum by allowing me to defend myself in court. I would like
      nothing better than to subpoena Rabin's assassins to my trial. But
      look
      what else is going on besides mere surveillance.
      My family received a notice that we owed the income tax
      authority
      $80,000. I was accused of not submitting my annual income tax
      statement in
      1998. I NEVER miss submitting it so I contacted my accountant who
      admitted
      he forgot to submit it but refused to repair the damage. So we hired
      another accountant to get to the bottom of the matter. All he has to
      report
      is the first accountant won't answer his queries but I wasn't billed
      by him
      for my 1999 report either. Here comes another $80,000 bill.
      So someone is trying to get me on trumped up tax charges and now
      my
      family has a lien on the house and car. And if that doesn't work, a
      widespread disinformation campaign is being mounted against me. This
      time
      the claim is I am publicly accusing everyone in sight, people I have
      traded
      information with for years, of being Shabak agents. The smearing is
      spreading and I'm expecting a huge final smear to shut me up for good
      any
      day. I'm no angel, I've never claimed to be a saint and whatever
      form it
      may take, I've decided to just accept the consequences. I'm frankly
      getting
      very discouraged with my fellow Israelis. I tell them the truth and
      they
      are incapable of absorbing it.
      Tomorrow Shimon Peres is in Washington. Makor Rishon reported
      that he
      will be meeting with two of his biggest allies in the Bush
      Administration:
      Dan Kurtzer and Richard Haass. Both are high ranking members of the
      Council
      On Foreign Relations (CFR). Kurtzer, in fact, is the only orthodox
      Jew in
      the CFR, which means his orthodoxy is a sham.Haass, who as I have
      previously reported, is the most anti-Israel politco in the
      Republican
      Party, and this fact came from a politician who knows, Jack Kemp.
      Other
      correspondents sent me ample proof in the form of Haass' own writing
      which
      confirmed the fact.
      That they are both influential members of the CFR is not a
      coincidence. That Peres is meeting them is not a coincidence. That
      Sharon
      is sending Peres is not a coincidence. That Sharon appointed Peres
      Foreign
      Minister is not a coincidence. That Peres organized the murder of
      Rabin was
      a fact known to Sharon when he made his appointment. After presenting
      my
      proofs of Peres' complicity to thousands of people, the Israeli Right
      knows
      my case is solid.
      But they can't put things together to save their lives and
      their
      nation. Israel has an enemy in the United States; it is called the
      CFR.
      Peres will be meeting their stooges tomorrow in Washington. They will
      be
      plotting Israel's downfall. And as far as the Right is concerned, the
      core
      of the Middle East bloodshed is Arabs hating Jews. Well, that's not
      what's
      happening. The CFR exploits the hatred that exists through the
      Israeli and
      Arab leaders it has corrupted and that includes Netanyahu and Sharon.
      And while my nation bleeds, the Right refuses to listen to who
      is
      twisting the knife. And while the Rabin assassination has been
      exposed and
      proven, their biggest issue is Margalit Shar Shefi's release because
      she
      was a victim of injustice.
      Well get this, WE ARE ALL VICTIMS OF INJUSTICE. The whole state
      of
      Israel is under diplomatic siege by murders who rule us, the EU and
      America. The only solution I can think of to save our enterprise is
      FINALLY expose the Rabin assassination and watch where the pieces
      fall. By
      doing so we can preserve our existence and as a bonus, free Margalit
      Har
      Shefi.
      After expressing all this deep-seated frustration with the
      people I
      care for most, why should I carry on?
      It's because of people like Miriam Samsonovich, a fine journalist,
      who
      faxed me the following report from
      Yom Hashishi (April 20, 2001):

      * * *

      INTERPOL DIRECTOR ARRIVES TO INVESTIGATE RABIN
      MURDER

      Israel police heads, and the commanders of Tel Aviv Police and
      Yarkon
      District Police spent an hour and a half in Rabin square
      demonstrating the
      Rabin assassination for the Director of Interpol. Also present was a
      reporter from Hashavuah who was informed of the event.
      The Interpol Director climbed up and down the steps where Rabin
      spent
      his last few moments alive, while checking various angles and
      recording
      them in his computer. He engaged in conversations with the police
      representatives which appeared to end in heated disputes. Citizens
      passing
      the site, were hurriedly directed elsewhere.
      The Interpol Director flew to Israel for a few hours, specially
      investigate the Rabin murder. He was seen examining adjoining
      buildings.
      Police spokesperson Shulamit Herzberg confirmed the visit to
      Hashavuah. She added that it was an official visit but insisted it
      was
      unconnected to new findings about the Rabin murder.

      * * *

      There you go. After over five years of presenting the
      evidence, the
      head of Interpol, plainly against the wishes of Tel Aviv area police
      commanders, came to investigate the Rabin assassination. We don't
      know who
      sent him or why. I'd like to believe it was a leader of the Israeli
      Right.
      But I doubt it. They're too busy trying to arrange a pardon for the
      smallest cog in the murder.
      And I hope they succeed. But the only way they will is to
      become
      warriors for truth, the complete truth, the deep truth...already.

      ***
      My book THE LAST DAYS OF ISRAEL is available through www.amazon.com,
      www.bn.com,
      www.borders.com , www.booksamillion.com, www.hiddenmysteries.com

      The new e-mail address for the 2nd edition of Who Murdered Yitzhak
      Rabin is
      brooklinebks@...

      If you live in the NY area, all my books including Israel Betrayed
      are
      being sold discounted by writing rayantoky@...

      In Israel all my books are distributed by the Zionist Book Club.
      Write perkins@...
      Thanks the fine translating and editing work of Yechiel Mann and
      Menachem
      Bloch, a Hebrew translation of Israel Betrayed has been prepared and
      will
      soon be published. Contact the above address if you'd like to pre-
      order.
      Please visit http://www.webseers.com/rabin

      If you are interested in a free subscription to The
      Konformist Newswire, please visit:

      http://www.eGroups.com/list/konformist

      Or, e-mail konformist-subscribe@egroups.com with the
      subject: "I NEED 2 KONFORM!!!"

      (Okay, you can use something else, but it's a kool
      catch phrase.)