Easter Egg Hunt

  • apscamardo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
      Brother Knights,

      Our third annual Easter Egg Hunt is Saturday. We could use some volunteers to help spread eggs and take registration.  I would like to thank the families of Marcus Sauley and John Price, who help put the eggs together yesterday.

      We will be staging the age groups in a different way than last year. Hopefully this will eliminate some of the clutter and confusion we have had in the past.  Brother David Denoux has once again volunteered to be our Easter Bunny.

      Please arrive around 1 pm. We will begin registration as soon as people start to arrive. The youngest group should begin promptly at 2 pm. Brother Marcus Sauley is our chairman this year and will be leading things off.

      I would like to mention that brother John Price has donated the Easter Bunny Costume to the council going forward for our Easter Egg Hunts.  Thank you John!

      Once again I would like to thank brothers Marcus Sauley , David Denoux, and John Price for the help.

      Vivat Jesus!

      Pete Scamardo
      Grand Knight
      MQP Council 12072
      985-892-3329
    • apscamardo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 5, 2010
        Brother Knights,

        Inclement weather did not deter us from having our annual Easter Egg Hunt! We went to plan B and used the cafeteria while the rain sprinkled down!

        I dare say the weather had an influence on the number of children, which is estimated to be a little over a hundred. We had a dozen or so knights and about 6 knights ladies.

        I would like to once again thank all who participated and helped out. Pictures should be out shortly!

        Vivat Jesus!

        Pete Scamardo
        Grand Knight
        MQP Council 12072
        985-892-3329
      • Apscamardo
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 7, 2011

          Brother Knights,

          I have started a new position that is going to take me away from things a bit.  As a result, I need some of you to step forward and help me with the Easter Egg Hunt.

          1) I need someone to alter the flyer that goes into the bulletin and get it to Brenda asap.

          2) Connect with Marcus Sauley and find out how many baskets he has. We may need to purchase more.

          3) Make arrangements with me to go to Walmart to purchase the candy and eggs.

          4) Connect with Brother John Price on putting the eggs together.

          If I can get someone to help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

          Vivat Jesus,

          Pete Scamardo
          Grand Knight
          MQP Council 12072

        • apscamardo@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 23, 2011
            Brother Knights,

            I could use a little help for the Easter Egg Hunt.  Looks like we will be having good weather!  Please show up around 1 pm. I will go over things then.

            Vivat Jesus!

            Pete Scamardo
            Grand Knight
            MQP Council 12072
            504-704-9840
          • Apscamardo
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 25, 2011
              Brother Knights,

              I would like to thank all who helped and assisted with our annual Easter Egg Hunt, especially our knights ladies.  We did not have as many children as anticipated, so we had a hunt for each age class, and one BIG hunt for all. It was lots of fun.  Thanks to Chairs  Marcus Sauley and Donald Partain for putting this on.

              Vivat Jesus!

              Pete Scamardo
              Grand Knight
              MQP Council 12072

            • Apscamardo
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 25, 2011
                Brother Knights,

                I would also like to thank our helpers who came on Friday to put the eggs together. Brother Jerry Coogan brought his girls and lovely wife, Brother Ed Mc Craney, Brother Donald Partain and wife who purchased and brought the stuff to the stuffing, and my lovely wife Colleen, all  who helped do the "stuffing" of the eggs.

                Thanks once again to all who participated.

                Vivat Jesus!

                Pete Scamardo
                Grand Knight
                MQP Council 12072

              • James Senac
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 25, 2012
                  Good Morning, Our brother Knight Marcus Sauley who usually does the Easter Egg Hunt will be out of town for work and I need a volunteer to step up and take over the hunt on April 7, 2012. If you can chair this please contact me and I will get with you on the details..

                  Have a great and Blessed day,
                  Jimmy

                • Harry Ryan
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 31, 2015
                    Brother Knights –

                    As a reminder, our KC Easter Egg Hunt is scheduled for this Saturday, April 4 at 2:00 pm at MQP. Please find below some details about the event below:

                    Easter Egg Stuffing – Friday 4/03
                    We plan to start stuffing the eggs at 10:00 am at the MQP cafeteria and it should take an hour or two. Brother Don Awbrey and his family are helping lead this effort. We need about 2 or 3 other Brother Knights to help with this effort. Please let me know if you are able to help with this.

                    Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday 4/04
                    We plan to arrive at MQP cafeteria around 12:30 pm to start setting up the tables and placing the eggs. We have three age groups (1-3 years old, 4-6 years old and 7-10 years old). We plan to have cookies for the event and we may have a craft table again.

                    I think we need about 5-10 Brother Knights to help us with this event on Saturday. Please let me know if you are able to help out as we may need quite a bit of help since we had a lot of kids participate last year.

                    Fraternally,
                    Harry Ryan, GK
                    KC Council 12072
                  • Harry Ryan
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 11
                      Hello Brother Knights –

                      As a reminder, our KC Easter Egg Hunt is scheduled for this Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 2:00 pm at the Mary, Queen of Peace (MQP) school cafeteria. Please find below some details about the event:

                      Easter Egg Stuffing – Friday 4/14/17
                      We plan to start stuffing the eggs with candy at 10:00 am at the MQP school cafeteria and it should take an hour or two. Note that we also plan to set-up some of the tables. Please let me know if you can help with this.

                      Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday 4/15/17
                      We plan to arrive at MQP school cafeteria around 12:30 pm to start placing the eggs on the school grounds. We have three age groups (1-3 years old, 4-6 years old and 7-10 years old). We plan to have cupcakes, milk and juice for the event and we will have a craft table again. Please let me know if you can help as we may need quite a bit of help since we had a lot of kids participate last year.

                      Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.

                      Fraternally,
                      Harry Ryan, Trustee
                      KC Council 12072
                      228-342-1187 (c)